ADVERTISEMENT

London's Status

I highly doubt he ends up at UVA.....I think some bigger programs will go after Les Miles...no offense but why would he go to UVA? There are some pretty solid coaches available right now but I don't see UVA landing him.

Please keep him. I really liked his numerous tries of fake punts, fake field goals in the commonwealth cup. They definitely made the game close and interesting.

He came too close to picking up Sixteen yards on the fake punt, completely fooled VT!

I highly doubt he ends up at UVA.....I think some bigger programs will go after Les Miles...no offense but why would he go to UVA? There are some pretty solid coaches available right now but I don't see UVA landing him.
Agree 100%, no chance

That fake punt was wide open and would have worked if the punter had some speed. He got caught from behind like he dragging a cannonball.

Yeah, he's not going to a "tennis school".

Tennis

Dont forget Baseball, Basketball, Lacrosse, Rowing, Swimming, etc.....let me correct your ignorant post. Les would never go to a school with such a good all around sports program. That's better, glad to help.
Baseball basketball yes. The rest are not sports... just hobbies

Tennis

Dont forget Baseball, Basketball, Lacrosse, Rowing, Swimming, etc.....let me correct your ignorant post. Les would never go to a school with such a good all around sports program. That's better, glad to help.
Subtract football from the equation and your $17 million loss in the athletic department is the largest in the ACC

Hoos19nc... Friend I think you may be a little delirious... UVA Football has sucked for awhile now (longer than 6 years)..Londons teams may not have won very often. However, UVA as whole Under London seemed MUCH more competitive and easier to watch.. IMO

Hoos19nc... Friend I think you may be a little delirious... UVA Football has sucked for awhile now (longer than 6 years)..Londons teams may not have won very often. However, UVA as whole Under London seemed MUCH more competitive and easier to watch.. IMO
Well you are more than welcome to hire him.....he was in over his head. He should be a DC and recruiter, those are his strong points. He can't spell discipline and doesn't understand that you need to put your foot up someone's ass when needed. He was to concerned with chest bumping players than coaching. He brought a lot of talent to UVA and wasted them every year. I absolutely believe if the coaches had changed sidelines yesterday Hoos win easily......

New Tennis
Thanks, I meant to say he would prefer to go to a football school.

Mr. Jeffersons University is not a football school. They should stick to tennis and baseball. Back when UVA last went to a bowl, they had makings of turning things around. Mike Rocco lead them to 8-4 record. Then London brought in that great QB transfer from Alabama and threw Rocco under the bus. They have not won much sense.

Hope everyone enjoys watching the bowl games on TV in Charlottesville.

Reactions: B1dee
Well you are more than welcome to hire him.....he was in over his head. He should be a DC and recruiter, those are his strong points. He can't spell discipline and doesn't understand that you need to put your foot up someone's ass when needed. He was to concerned with chest bumping players than coaching. He brought a lot of talent to UVA and wasted them every year. I absolutely believe if the coaches had changed sidelines yesterday Hoos win easily......
OK I'll give you this,but aside from this he was pretty awful as a HC.

Mr. Jeffersons University is not a football school. They should stick to tennis and baseball. Back when UVA last went to a bowl, they had makings of turning things around. Mike Rocco lead them to 8-4 record. Then London brought in that great QB transfer from Alabama and threw Rocco under the bus. They have not won much sense.

Hope everyone enjoys watching the bowl games on TV in Charlottesville.

Not defending UVA HR but to me the problem with FB at UVA was their AD who is hired by the President. UVA had a very good coach for years. Stole him from Navy. When he retired the stupid HFC hiring began and is still in work til this day. The team they have now should have won at least 8 games this year. Even with a tough schedule they played quite well at times. Big problem was the coach. With our schedule they would win 10.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
The
Not defending UVA HR but to me the problem with FB at UVA was their AD who is hired by the President. UVA had a very good coach for years. Stole him from Navy. When he retired the stupid HFC hiring began and is still in work til this day. The team they have now should have won at least 8 games this year. Even with a tough schedule they played quite well at times. Big problem was the coach. With our schedule they would win 10.[/QUOTE
The AD hired London without interviewing any other candidates. Too bad he was never held accountable.

It's a sad, sad day across hokienation. That gimme win every year was nice. Hopefully they make another dumb hire.

Maybe they'll go for someone with lots of NFL coaching experience...no wait, that was 2 coaches ago. My bad!
Funny....just remember you got no idea what you got with Your new coach. It could be good or bad, time will tell.

Funny....just remember you got no idea what you got with Your new coach. It could be good or bad, time will tell.
Disagree that we have no idea what we are getting. I think we have a very good idea of what he's been very successful at and I feel great about that. What we don't know is if he will be an effective recruiter at VT going up against other P5 competition and in our recruiting region, which is yet to be seen. I think he evaluates talent very well, and develops it. But he currently has no ties to our key recruiting areas so we should be watching closely who he will have on the staff to recruit our areas. If he can do a good job there and particularly off the Virginia top 10 and mid-Atlantic, I think we will get into the playoff picture.

Disagree that we have no idea what we are getting. I think we have a very good idea of what he's been very successful at and I feel great about that. What we don't know is if he will be an effective recruiter at VT going up against other P5 competition and in our recruiting region, which is yet to be seen. I think he evaluates talent very well, and develops it. But he currently has no ties to our key recruiting areas so we should be watching closely who he will have on the staff to recruit our areas. If he can do a good job there and particularly off the Virginia top 10 and mid-Atlantic, I think we will get into the playoff picture.
What I should have said is you have no idea of what results you will have over the next 2-4 years. It can go either way with new coaches. Recruiting is a big one but also just coaching at a P5 school is different from where he is coming. I think he's a good hire and keeping Bud is his first smart move for sure. The only way to know about a new coach is time unless you are Saban, Harbaugh or Meyer. I'm not knocking him just saying time will tell for sure.

What I should have said is you have no idea of what results you will have over the next 2-4 years. It can go either way with new coaches. Recruiting is a big one but also just coaching at a P5 school is different from where he is coming. I think he's a good hire and keeping Bud is his first smart move for sure. The only way to know about a new coach is time unless you are Saban, Harbaugh or Meyer. I'm not knocking him just saying time will tell for sure.

I have no worry about anything but how successful he will be in protecting our recruiting territories from the elite P5 schools. If he does that, with his coaching acumen, he’ll do just fine. He’s already proven he has one of the brightest offensive minds in the game and he just hired one of the brightest defensive minds to go with it. In the Coastal division of the ACC he has one of the best ready made paths to the playoffs. If he can raise our recruiting level a notch above where it is now this thing is going to take off again.

I have no worry about anything but how successful he will be in protecting our recruiting territories from the elite P5 schools. If he does that, with his coaching acumen, he’ll do just fine. He’s already proven he has one of the brightest offensive minds in the game and he just hired one of the brightest defensive minds to go with it. In the Coastal division of the ACC he has one of the best ready made paths to the playoffs. If he can raise our recruiting level a notch above where it is now this thing is going to take off again.
Only time will tell.....

UVa will go hard after Mark Richt. But they do not expect him to reciprocate much interest. Jim Grobe, Dan Mullen (MSU HC), Mike Sanford (Notre Dame OC), Matt Rhule (Temple HC) and Jeff Bloomgren (Stanford OC) will all get a serious look.

The Cleveland Browns will probably fire Mike Pettine, and being a former UVa player, he'd be interested. But the Hoos will probably pull the trigger before the end of the NFL season when they would know about him.

I think now, the state's elite offensive skill players will want to come to VT. In past few years, our conservative offense has drove some away, to lesser programs.

UVa will go hard after Mark Richt. But they do not expect him to reciprocate much interest. Jim Grobe, Dan Mullen (MSU HC), Mike Sanford (Notre Dame OC), Matt Rhule (Temple HC) and Jeff Bloomgren (Stanford OC) will all get a serious look.

The Cleveland Browns will probably fire Mike Pettine, and being a former UVa player, he'd be interested. But the Hoos will probably pull the trigger before the end of the NFL season when they would know about him.

It would be another win for VT if they hired Pettine. But I doubt they'd make that mistake again after the Groh disaster. My biggest concern as a Hokie would be if they hire Rhule.

It would be another win for VT if they hired Pettine. But I doubt they'd make that mistake again after the Groh disaster. My biggest concern as a Hokie would be if they hire Rhule.
I would like to see Rhule for sure, have my doubts that AD is smart enough to get him. Richt had interest in UVA before UGA but not sure he would today. It will be interesting to see who AD hires, his butt is on the line if this one doesn't work out. He did a great job with baseball and basketball hires but has failed with football so far.

I would like to see Rhule for sure, have my doubts that AD is smart enough to get him. Richt had interest in UVA before UGA but not sure he would today. It will be interesting to see who AD hires, his butt is on the line if this one doesn't work out. He did a great job with baseball and basketball hires but has failed with football so far.
Took him three tries to get it right in BB. Gillen and Liato (sp) are likely still getting a paycheck.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT