ADVERTISEMENT

London's Status

Virginia is a basketball, tennis and baseball school. I cannot see them making a big splash with a football hire. I hope they bring in someone worse than London.

I read today that even Sonny Randle had better record vs VT than London. Randle went 1-1.

Yo
Virginia is a basketball, tennis and baseball school. I cannot see them making a big splash with a football hire. I hope they bring in someone worse than London.

I read today that even Sonny Randle had better record vs VT than London. Randle went 1-1.
U left out soccer, lacrosse and rowing... To steal a line, "just sayin".

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
A lot of scuttlebutt going around regarding Richt to UVa. That notion seems to be gaining steam. I'll find it hard to believe but would love to see it.

Took him three tries to get it right in BB. Gillen and Liato (sp) are likely still getting a paycheck.
I agree with you, never been a big fan of AD. I do believe if he gets this wrong again he will be retiring like Beamer. This also shows just how uncertain it is when you hire a new coach, it takes years to know for sure what you got.

I agree with you, never been a big fan of AD. I do believe if he gets this wrong again he will be retiring like Beamer. This also shows just how uncertain it is when you hire a new coach, it takes years to know for sure what you got.

I think what this shows is you can't expect years of NFL coaching experience or police experience to translate to college football success.

I think what this shows is you can't expect years of NFL coaching experience or police experience to translate to college football success.
And I guess you think finishing with the 5th best record in the American Athletic Conference guarantees success in a P5 conference? I think this is a good hire, time will tell if it's a great hire. Keeping Bud is huge in my opinion.

I would guess that Richt would have interest in UVA. I also believe that mr. Rhule is a very good couch.

And I guess you think finishing with the 5th best record in the American Athletic Conference guarantees success in a P5 conference? I think this is a good hire, time will tell if it's a great hire. Keeping Bud is huge in my opinion.
No, I look at his entire resume and can feel good about his chances to be successful. I wouldn't feel as good about a resume like Groh's and London's. In fact I'd be very skeptical, even if I didn't already know how bad they were.

Reicht would be a major upgrade at UVA. Heck, he usually had 9 or more wins and year and that was not good enough. Can you imagine UVA getting 9 wins a year?

I think Ruhle may end up at Maryland (just a guess).

If boo hoos won 9 games, many of their fans would be impossible to be around. They would probably storm field after 4 or 5 of those wins.

That is true. If they had lucked up and won Saturday, they would probably have stormed the field.

(VT fans should have stormed it. That would have been pretty sight, 30,000 Hokies storming Hoos field.)

If boo hoos won 9 games, many of their fans would be impossible to be around. They would probably storm field after 4 or 5 of those wins.
We storm the field after we win National Championships.....something VT knows nothing about.

I seem to remember hoos storming field after beating someone in football during one of those 4-8 seasons.

"When I first got here it was beat somebody. Then it was beat UNC. Then it was beat Virginia Tech. Then it was beat Florida State."
----George Welsh

"The first thing we have to do here is beat somebody."
---Next UVA head football coach

"When I first got here it was beat somebody. Then it was beat UNC. Then it was beat Virginia Tech. Then it was beat Florida State."
----George Welsh

"The first thing we have to do here is beat somebody."
---Next UVA head football coach
This coming from a 6 win team that beat nobody......ok

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT