ADVERTISEMENT

looking for the positives this spring...

kcwashing1

New Recruit
Jul 18, 2006
in-state recruiting soft (so far 3 to P ehew S U); couple of early NFLers hurt depth (wish the Edmunds all the blessings in the world); lose the 2020 & 2021 Michigan games (eh, big deal); Coach Galen Scott (could hurt the most...); attrition of starting CBs experienced Alexander and newcomer J. Webb. Hoping for no more negatives and looking forward to the summer when all those negatives become positive...

Josh Jackson isn't looking too solid based on his academic record. May not be eligible this fall.

Kelly just shocked the world and chose the Hokies over Clemson and Penn State. The 4star did it in epic fashion by pulling out his own VT hat while the other 2 hats sat on the table in front of him. Were all in at Virginia Tech, im staying home. About gave me chills.

Kelly just shocked the world and chose the Hokies over Clemson and Penn State. The 4star did it in epic fashion by pulling out his own VT hat while the other 2 hats sat on the table in front of him. Were all in at Virginia Tech, im staying home. About gave me chills.
I'm not sure about the chills, but there was a tear or two at my homestead... Of course, in keeping with the thread, we take a couple of steps back with the Josh Jackson hit... SMH

I'm not worried about the QB position nearly that much with Willis, Hooker and Patterson on board.

CB would be 2nd on my list. I feel VT has relied on great coaching for decades. Replacing Coach Scott's contributions is my primary concern. I really don't want Bud stretched too thin. Any news/word on how Galen Scott will be replaced?

I'm not worried about the QB position nearly that much with Willis, Hooker and Patterson on board.
I see your point, but I would like to get back to one of those years where we DON'T have a first time starter at the QB position... a VT first time starter. Since Logan Thomas, it's been Brewer, Evans, then Jackson correct? All one year, first time, VT starting QBs. It'd be nice to finally see someone with a 2nd year in JFs system.

Reactions: VT/UK Rondo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT