ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe this is what we needed to see.

leeanderthal

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2006
A team that has talent been taken advatage of by an inadequate group of coachs. Our D excluded, I have to say that the WF game was the culmination of a season long spiral of ever descending quality. I pray for a merciful end to this drudgery. Whit sees what we see. Today was a pathetic situation. My heart goes out to the players . They deserve better.

This post was edited on 11/23 10:15 AM by leeanderthal

This was bad indeed. I hope our AD does his job and rights our ship. Retire Beamer, we'll never forget what you did for VT and we'll put a statue out front but its time to go.

Beamer pisses me off.. but the OC MUST GO.. I would be fine with Beamer retiring but im ok with him staying too as long as OC is sent packing to atleast show that Beamer agree's there is a problem. Shane Beamer needs to go too, but I doubt he will pink slip his son.... Replacing Stinespring was the right move a few years ago, but it should have been an OC with a good track record, not one that just ran another program to the ground. If no changes are made after the season then I expect a empty stadium next year.. Ohio state will be so pissed at us next year that game will be UGLY!!!.

We can ask for whatever changes we want, none will be made. I am telling you, no assistants will be let go or held accountable for this season. Come August, you'll see the same set of clowns on the side line.

The fans will have a say in these matters.......less money for the program speaks volumes to the university you would think or more mediocrity will follow in years to come resulting in less and less money , just saying......

Originally posted by Hokiepoke:
We can ask for whatever changes we want, none will be made. I am telling you, no assistants will be let go or held accountable for this season. Come August, you'll see the same set of clowns on the side line.
I would agree with you 100% if Weaver was still the AD. With Whit Babcock though, not so sure. I think the uproar might be much more sound deafening if we lose to the French this week and finish with a losing season and no bowl. That one game might be the tipping point with Whit and whether or not he waits another year to become proactive.

Well if you think you saw a lot of sacks this past Saturday then wait unil we play the French.

Originally posted by RB4:

Beamer pisses me off.. but the OC MUST GO.. I would be fine with Beamer retiring but im ok with him staying too as long as OC is sent packing to atleast show that Beamer agree's there is a problem. Shane Beamer needs to go too, but I doubt he will pink slip his son.... Replacing Stinespring was the right move a few years ago, but it should have been an OC with a good track record, not one that just ran another program to the ground. If no changes are made after the season then I expect a empty stadium next year.. Ohio state will be so pissed at us next year that game will be UGLY!!!.
The OCs are not the problem. Unless Beamer adapts to the modern game and changes, he is the common denominator. this is what happens when you have a beloved head coach. The coordinator always gets the blame. Being that Bud is a god at VT, it was always Stiney's fault. Now you have Scot Loeffler, and he is no different.

VT position coaches are not develping the players, and recruiting has not givien the Hokies that consistent layering of talent. Injuries only exacerbated the problem this year, but the decline has been steady and consistent.

It's Beamer's program and it's about time he is held accountable. Frank has entered JoPa/Bowden Land (as is spurrier to a degree). Time for new blood and a 21st Century offense to go along with Bud's great D.

With a 21st Century offense we would be in same conservation as Alabama, FSU, Mississippi State, and Baylor. But as a result of a 1950's offense, we are in conservation with UVA.

Originally posted by Cavgator:
Originally posted by RB4:

The OCs are not the problem. Unless Beamer adapts to the modern game and changes, he is the common denominator. this is what happens when you have a beloved head coach. The coordinator always gets the blame. Being that Bud is a god at VT, it was always Stiney's fault. Now you have Scot Loeffler, and he is no different.

VT position coaches are not develping the players, and recruiting has not givien the Hokies that consistent layering of talent. Injuries only exacerbated the problem this year, but the decline has been steady and consistent.

It's Beamer's program and it's about time he is held accountable. Frank has entered JoPa/Bowden Land (as is spurrier to a degree). Time for new blood and a 21st Century offense to go along with Bud's great D.
Both of you are correct. Beamer is the reason for our progams decline and must be held accountable as head master and the OC sucks and must go.

Ironically it was Wake that solved our coaching problem too. All it took was a 30-0 waxing at home to them for our fans to wake up, or at least the majority of them. We still have that Bobby contingent that will never get over it, but results don't lie.

Originally posted by leeanderthal:

Originally posted by blue bomber:
You severely overrate the talent.
If you are speaking of VT's talent it would be hard to prove or disprove your comment. To me our team as it exists today could win between 8 and 10 games with the right HC,OC,RBC,S&CC, And maybe O line coach. A lot of people said a similar thing about Auburn's team when SL was the OC. Not very good talent. Certainly not suggesting that we could do what Auburn did but I'm saying there is a lot of good talent on our team.

This post was edited on 11/28 4:16 PM by leeanderthal

This post was edited on 11/28 4:17 PM by leeanderthal

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT