ADVERTISEMENT

Mountaineer fan here...to me coach Beamer is just like coach Nehlen

Jan 4, 2003
both outstanding coaches but even better people. As Nehlen did for WVU coach Beamer brought your program not only back but to the top level of college football. Also like coach Nehlen he realized that it's time and he wants to go out gracefully with as little disruption to the program as possible......class act all the way. In coach Nehlen's last few years our fans complained about "tailback left,tailback right,fullback up the middle", and I've seen some of your fans complaints along that line. Just remember that you are watching greatness, and I hope you send him out the way I expect you will. The man, like coach Nehlen , is a sure hall of famer.......God don't make many like them anymore.......you are about to experience something you haven't in 30 years....enjoy the ride and good luck the rest of the year.......waiting for 2017

Thank You. Coach Beamer has set a standard here at VT for sure. We will get a new coach and I hope he can be just as good but the odds are not in that favor. New Era and different Times.

Kind of ironic that one of the rumored contenders to replace Beamer is the coach who did replace Don Nehlen in Morgantown--Rich Rodriguez.

both outstanding coaches but even better people. As Nehlen did for WVU coach Beamer brought your program not only back but to the top level of college football. Also like coach Nehlen he realized that it's time and he wants to go out gracefully with as little disruption to the program as possible......class act all the way. In coach Nehlen's last few years our fans complained about "tailback left,tailback right,fullback up the middle", and I've seen some of your fans complaints along that line. Just remember that you are watching greatness, and I hope you send him out the way I expect you will. The man, like coach Nehlen , is a sure hall of famer.......God don't make many like them anymore.......you are about to experience something you haven't in 30 years....enjoy the ride and good luck the rest of the year.......waiting for 2017

I hate it when 'eers give me no cause for caustic reply.

One handicap we did not need for recruiting was the possibility of Beamer leaving looming over the program. Now he can go out w class and we can move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT