ADVERTISEMENT

My preference for next HC. Holiday, Wilder, Foster then Beamer

lucustookis

All-American
Jul 7, 2007
I would like Holiday, Foster, or Wilder from ODU. I would take any of the 3. I would love Bud as HC with Holiday as DC and Wilder as OC. I wish we would get Wilder right now as OC, but I do not think he would come with Beamer still Head Coach. Also, he likely would not be considered because he knows to much and he would be a threat to the regime like Kevin Rogers was. Simply put, he knows to much. I would still be content with Shane Beamer as HC as long as Stiney was gone and away from VT. I think Shane would make the right hires at coordinators. Again, Shane is NOT my first choice.

This post was edited on 12/1 3:47 PM by lucustookis

Since it appears that Jim McElwain might be the next head coach at Flurduh that makes Justin Fuente at Memphis my number one choice. Wilder would make a good OC and if Foster could be convinced to remain as DC you'd have a very strong staff. As for Shane Beamer, he can go coach high school ball in Big Stone Gap. As for Doc Holliday, anyone with a name like that is the perfect coach for Marshall. Let him be a legend in Huntington.

Bud Foster as head coach/DC and Tony Franklin as OC. That would be my wish. But I dont see it happening.

Originally posted by lucustookis:
I would like Holiday, Foster, or Wilder from ODU. I would take any of the 3. I would love Bud as HC with Holiday as DC and Wilder as OC. I wish we would get Wilder right now as OC, but I do not think he would come with Beamer still Head Coach. Also, he likely would not be considered because he knows to much and he would be a threat to the regime like Kevin Rogers was. Simply put, he knows to much. I would still be content with Shane Beamer as HC as long as Stiney was gone and away from VT. I think Shane would make the right hires at coordinators. Again, Shane is NOT my first choice.

This post was edited on 12/1 3:47 PM by lucustookis
THIS dude.
This post was edited on 12/4 1:56 AM by SunnyBeachWave

Lane Kiffin #1 pick for HC - VT would kick ass with Bud as DC

Lane Kiffin #2 pick for HC - VT recruiting would take off - fire Stinespring as he is incompetent.

Land Kiffin #3 pick for HC - VT lane stadium would rock, I mean rock.....

Get off the lily white pedestal and go get and Lane Kiffin....

Lane Kiffin? LOL.

Why would we want a guy who:

Went 7-6 at Tennessee and then left them after only a year to go to USC? Is that really want we want? Yep, let's hire Kiffin, and go 7-6, and then be forced to hire someone else when he leaves. Good one. And, how did Kiffin do against VT in the bowl game? Seemed like our offense did just fine that day.

But, then, there are the USC years, right? He was going to light it up there, right? They would "kick ass", their "recruiting would take off", and they would "rock" with him, right? Well, he went 8-5, 10-2, 7-6, and 3-2 there before getting fired. He took a pre season #1 ranked team in 2012 and turned them into a 7-6 team. Wow. How awesome. But, yep, I'm sure anyone who can go 8-5 and 7-6 at USC and get fired in less than 4 years would just be perfect for us and take us to the title, right?

And, this is just his coaching. What about his character? He actually made Al Davis look normal during his Raiders years, and then told lies about Urban Meyer while at Tennessee, and said a South Carolina player would be pumping gas the rest of his life if he went there.

Yep, follow up Beamer with Lane Kiffin, who is a terrible coach with bad character.

now now pckank....bad character? a little tough love don't you think....oh he made a few mistakes, but I guess that is does not live up to your lily white standards....this guy just needs the right environment and yes he has learned from some his past misgivings....

try this on for size.... Lane Kiffin is an offensive genius....he is a motivator....and he can recruit....VT is the place where he would thrive and VT would come alive....

What we don't need are more coaches with your label of "family atmosphere" but couldn't coach or recruit if his life depended on it...fire those losy craps and you know I mean that dumb as a stump stinespring....time to fire Beamers as well...gotta move on baby..

I would hire Kiffen just so you could look at his wife each week.......wow, she's hot!!!!

Yes, bad character. Big time bad character. A few mistakes? Yea, only every place he has been.

Offensive genius? In the NFL, his 07 Raiders team finished 25th in offense. In college, Tenn. was 60th in total offense his one year there, and he "led" the pre season #1 ranked 2012 USC team to the 41st best offense. This year, his offense looks good only because of games against teams like A&M and Auburn, who cannot stop anyone. Why give him a pass for very poor offensive games against Ole Miss., LSU and Arkansas? Seems like he only did well against teams who let many others do well against them.

Sorry the Fullers, Hopkins, Martins, Lewis', and Edmunds aren't/ weren't good enough for you to appreciate the family atmosphere here at VT, and to no one's surprise, you took yet another shot at Stinespring. Have you bothered to see who he has recruited this year, and who he still has a chance to get? Have you bothered to see how well a guy named Bucky Hodges (ever heard of him?) has done in his first year as a tight end? As if someone else would be a better recruiter for us, and/or do a better job with our tight ends.

Back to the family atmosphere, if you are happy with the Buzz hire, and who wouldn't be, how do you feel about him focusing on a family atmosphere at VT? If you are bad mouthing Beamer for this, are you going to bad mouth Buzz as well?

This post was edited on 12/4 8:45 PM by pckank1

LMAO, and we should of hired Calipari to coach basketball also.....................

Originally posted by 1bburgfan:

LMAO, and we should of hired Calipari to coach basketball also.....................
Coach Cal isnt an arrogant dipshit. He would never refuse to shake the opposing coaches hand after a game the way Kiffen did Beamer.

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
I would hire Kiffen just so you could look at his wife each week.......wow, she's hot!!!!
I would support this as long as he wasn't really coaching. HR supports the devil if it's connected to Alabama.

Originally posted by VT/UK Rondo:

Coach Cal isnt an arrogant dipshit. He would never refuse to shake the opposing coaches hand after a game the way Kiffen did Beamer.
I agree. Calipari isn't arrogant. He's just a dipshit.

Originally posted by pckank1:
Lane Kiffin? LOL.

Why would we want a guy who:

Went 7-6 at Tennessee and then left them after only a year to go to USC? Is that really want we want? Yep, let's hire Kiffin, and go 7-6, and then be forced to hire someone else when he leaves. Good one. And, how did Kiffin do against VT in the bowl game? Seemed like our offense did just fine that day.

But, then, there are the USC years, right? He was going to light it up there, right? They would "kick ass", their "recruiting would take off", and they would "rock" with him, right? Well, he went 8-5, 10-2, 7-6, and 3-2 there before getting fired. He took a pre season #1 ranked team in 2012 and turned them into a 7-6 team. Wow. How awesome. But, yep, I'm sure anyone who can go 8-5 and 7-6 at USC and get fired in less than 4 years would just be perfect for us and take us to the title, right?

And, this is just his coaching. What about his character? He actually made Al Davis look normal during his Raiders years, and then told lies about Urban Meyer while at Tennessee, and said a South Carolina player would be pumping gas the rest of his life if he went there.

Yep, follow up Beamer with Lane Kiffin, who is a terrible coach with bad character.
Regarding pumping gas, it was Alshon Jeffrey, the second round pick of the Chicago Bears.

Originally posted by Flashman:

You would give your left nut for Coach Cal and you know it. Comparing his accomplishments to Kiffens just makes you look ignorant.

pckank - did you watch the alabama game? Kiffin has the O in high gear. this guy can coach and I mean he knows how to score points and how to mix up the play calling, making the D look, well not on the same level as Bama. Okay, he comes with a drop a dead gorgeous wife, But that is simply icing. This guy would put an end to all the Beamer nonsense and get rid of the worthless coaches. Pay attention, Kiffin would be like a Christmas miracle for VT.

PS - Buzz is a great hire, he inherited a total mess from another feel good coach. Give him time, VT basketball will be back stronger than ever.

PSS - pckank, please stop slamming Kiffin, he's got what we really need... a fire in the belly to win....if you want sit around and sing kumbyya, join the girl scounts, you want to field a competitive football team, hire a HBC with a take no prisoners attitude.

The best part of VT hiring Kiffen would be watching HR go off the deep end!!!,

Originally posted by VT pcb:
pckank - did you watch the alabama game? Kiffin has the O in high gear. this guy can coach and I mean he knows how to score points and how to mix up the play calling, making the D look, well not on the same level as Bama. Okay, he comes with a drop a dead gorgeous wife, But that is simply icing. This guy would put an end to all the Beamer nonsense and get rid of the worthless coaches. Pay attention, Kiffin would be like a Christmas miracle for VT.

PS - Buzz is a great hire, he inherited a total mess from another feel good coach. Give him time, VT basketball will be back stronger than ever.

PSS - pckank, please stop slamming Kiffin, he's got what we really need... a fire in the belly to win....if you want sit around and sing kumbyya, join the girl scounts, you want to field a competitive football team, hire a HBC with a take no prisoners attitude.
Yes, I watched the Bama/Auburn game. Auburn has not stopped anyone all year, so why crown Kiffin for that? Did you watch the Bama games against Ole Miss., Ark., and LSU? If we would have scored 14 points against Ark. during our 10 win seasons, you would have criticized our staff because, win or lose, that is all you did and still do. If we would have scored only 17 points against Ole Miss., including 7 on defense, you would have again criticized our staff, and if we would have struggled all game against LSU, before winning in OT, yes, you would have criticized our staff, so stop with the Kiffin nonsense.

When did I ever say Buzz was not a great hire? You again got on Beamer for wanting a family atmosphere at VT, and that is exactly what Buzz mentioned when he took the job, so it sounds like you are trying to have it both ways as usual.

Kiffin deserves to be slammed, I don't want him anywhere near Blacksburg, and I feel confident that the closest he will ever get to VT is when he was coaching Tennessee against us, and the previous staff you hate so much kicked his tail 37-14. How did the "Beamer nonsense" work that game?

Competitive football team? Like the ones he had with the Raiders, Tenn., and USC? Yep, let's hire a jerk like Kiffin with a no prisoners attitude because he had so much success with his past teams, right?

This post was edited on 12/9 9:23 PM by pckank1

Kiffen left Tennessee with the NCAA breathing down his neck. He wasnt at USC 2 weeks before he committed a recruiting infraction. Yeah I know...Calapari yada yada yada...but thats a risk UK was willing to take after the AD hired a failed drunk and a once perenial powerhouse found itself in a decade of what the fans deemed mediocracy. VT football isnt that desperate yet and Frank Beamer is not the kind of coach that is going to sit along side a coach with a rep for shady recruiting.

You would give your left nut for Coach Cal and you know it. Comparing his accomplishments to Kiffens just makes you look ignorant.
I wasn't comparing Calipari to Kiffen, lugnut. I was comparing him to........himself. You're the one who's ignorant here.

I wasn't comparing Calipari to Kiffen, lugnut. I was comparing him to........himself. You're the one who's ignorant here.
How is he a dipshit? Because Camby accepted money? Because Rose cheated on his tests? Because he is friends with WWW? Because he shows up in public with LeBron James? Because he is able to sale McDonald AAs on playing togther as a team for a larger cause? Because he proved that one and done Freshmen could win a National Championship? Because he can send so many kids to the NBA early? Like the man or not, I fail to see why anyone would consider him a "dipshit". Even when he was at Memphis and UMass I respected the guy as a coach. At UK, he is the perfect fit same as Petino was...part coach/ part politician.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT