ADVERTISEMENT

My unpopular post

1970hokie

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2003
Let me be honest with everyone on this board . . . I am firmly convinced that Frank Beamer needs to step down and bring his storied career to an end. He no longer possesses the ability, as the head coach, to put a team on the field that is competitive and that can meet the expectations of the fans, the coaches, the university and Frank himself.

Having said that, I refuse to be disrespectful to the man that has brought so much enjoyment, excitement, pride and recognition to this university and this fanbase. If the price I have to pay for all he has given us is 3 or 4 years of mediocrity in football, then I will gladly pay it.

If the fans think they are suffering, I can assure you it pales in comparison to what he is going through. I resent the comments about him being stupid, ignorant, retarded, etc.

It is unfortunate that the man who has done so much for so many is abandoned during his last days by ungrateful and disrespectful fans, coaches who don't do their jobs and players who play without emotion and who don't follow assignments.

If Frank told us all to "go to hell" it would be justified.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.