ADVERTISEMENT

National Championship

Hampton Roads 6

Hokie Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2003
If anyone would like a NCAA Basketball National Championship Trophy, contact Louisville Athletics. They seem to have to get rid of one.

You guys could dig up the ole empty trophy case and fill it with their NC trophy since you don’t have one.......couldn’t help myself that was a softball lob from ole HR.

So they have to take down the banner and remove the trophy. Big deal???

Should have gotten a reduction in scollies for the next 4 years (4,4,3,2) and a hefty fine. All the glory from the championship faded years ago. NCAA is a joke. UNC is still laughing at their sanctions (or lack of). Time to get rid of the NCAA!!!

So they have to take down the banner and remove the trophy. Big deal???

Should have gotten a reduction in scollies for the next 4 years (4,4,3,2) and a hefty fine. All the glory from the championship faded years ago. NCAA is a joke. UNC is still laughing at their sanctions (or lack of). Time to get rid of the NCAA!!!
I thought I read there were scholarship reductions as well.....not positive but I thought I saw that.

U can run a risk of 2 many Hellhounds. This was Louisville. The Hellhounds can't B2 many. Da Hokies have da rite mix of Hellhounds and Truffle dogs. Truffle dogs as important as Hellhounds. We got sum comin. Both on da way baby boy. Hokies!

U can run a risk of 2 many Hellhounds. This was Louisville. The Hellhounds can't B2 many. Da Hokies have da rite mix of Hellhounds and Truffle dogs. Truffle dogs as important as Hellhounds. We got sum comin. Both on da way baby boy. Hokies!
Do y’all have a vet school or at least a pound for these dogs coming?

You guys could dig up the ole empty trophy case and fill it with their NC trophy since you don’t have one.......couldn’t help myself that was a softball lob from ole HR.
Nope. Its full. We’re using that case to help store Commonwealth Cups. We’re drowning in them.

Well, a REAL NC trophy is a football or basketball trophy, and my opinion is we will win one of those before you do.

Giving the wine and cheese boys a little credit, they did win the baseball championship a couple of years back. But I'll take the Commonwealth trophies over all their other elitist minor sports trophies any day.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Right now, we’re good in both of the 2 major sports, UVa is only good in one of them. So it makes sense that our chances of winning a REAL NC first are better than UVa’s chances.

Well, a REAL NC trophy is a football or basketball trophy, and my opinion is we will win one of those before you do.
I’d take that bet....and Baseball should be included and of course we have one of those.

Right now, we’re good in both of the 2 major sports, UVa is only good in one of them. So it makes sense that our chances of winning a REAL NC first are better than UVa’s chances.
Your teams are good but they are not elite, don’t get ahead of yourself. At least our Basketball program has moved into the top echelon and Baseball is on an Elite level already. I’d bet on Bennett and O’Connor over Buzz and Fuentes at this point.

I’d take that bet....and Baseball should be included and of course we have one of those.
Nah, not baseball. Its a given that baseball isn’t close to important as football or basketball, in college sports.

Look, when I was in high school, I received “letters” in 2 sports. Basketball and tennis. The tennis letter was smaller in size than the basketball letter, and my tennis letter was the same size as the baseball letters, just like all the other minor sports letters. Some things just are.

Go poll your other fans on the Sabre and ask them if they would rather win an NC in basketball or baseball? Please, to argue that baseball NCs should be included with football and basketball NCs is just silly.

Nah, not baseball. Its a given that baseball isn’t close to important as football or basketball, in college sports.

Look, when I was in high school, I received “letters” in 2 sports. Basketball and tennis. The tennis letter was smaller in size than the basketball letter, and my tennis letter was the same size as the baseball letters, just like all the other minor sports letters. Some things just are.

Go poll your other fans on the Sabre and ask them if they would rather win an NC in basketball or baseball? Please, to argue that baseball NCs should be included with football and basketball NCs is just silly.
When I received my Baseball offers in High School it was in a big package. Everyone knows it’s the Big 3.....I understand you don’t want to acknowledge it since we have one.....but bet your ass if VT had one you would be talking about it. Heck if you had one in anything you would be talking about it.

Your teams are good but they are not elite, don’t get ahead of yourself. At least our Basketball program has moved into the top echelon and Baseball is on an Elite level already. I’d bet on Bennett and O’Connor over Buzz and Fuentes at this point.
Right now, both UVa and VT are among the 4 teams playing the best basketball in the ACC. Duke is playing best, UNC is arguably 2nd, and there is literally no light between VT and UVa. If there is, we get the nod because we beat you last. Buzz has done an incredible job turning his team’s play around. I wouldn’t place a bet between Buzz and Bennett. If you would then you aren’t paying attention to what Buzz is doing.

You can leave the baseball out of the discussion with me. I wouldn’t trade one of our 7 conference championships in football for a baseball NC.

When I received my Baseball offers in High School it was in a big package. Everyone knows it’s the Big 3.....I understand you don’t want to acknowledge it since we have one.....but bet your ass if VT had one you would be talking about it. Heck if you had one in anything you would be talking about it.
Nope, you’re wrong. When basketball season ends I cut off my Directv sports pack until football season. I couldn’t tell you the first thing about VT baseball or any baseball. The only thing I know about it is what I read 3 or 4 people talking about it on this board. Sorry, not interested.

Right now, both UVa and VT are among the 4 teams playing the best basketball in the ACC. Duke is playing best, UNC is arguably 2nd, and there is literally no light between VT and UVa. If there is, we get the nod because we beat you last. Buzz has done an incredible job turning his team’s play around. I wouldn’t place a bet between Buzz and Bennett. If you would then you aren’t paying attention to what Buzz is doing.

You can leave the baseball out of the discussion with me. I wouldn’t trade one of our 7 conference championships in football for a baseball NC.
Buzz is doing a nice job but he’s not on Bennett’s level yet, he may get there but how many ACC titles does he have? That would be none.....no comparison at this point in time. Bennett has 4 ACC regular season titles and a ACC tournament title. If Buzz is on Bennett’s level then he’s due to win the ACC next year, get back to me when he wins a title.

Nope, you’re wrong. When basketball season ends I cut off my Directv sports pack until football season. I couldn’t tell you the first thing about VT baseball or any baseball. The only thing I know about it is what I read 3 or 4 people talking about it on this board. Sorry, not interested.
That’s fine but just because you don’t care doesn’t belittle the Baseball National Championship. It the real deal....

Buzz is doing a nice job but he’s not on Bennett’s level yet, he may get there but how many ACC titles does he have? That would be none.....no comparison at this point in time. Bennett has 4 ACC regular season titles and a ACC tournament title. If Buzz is on Bennett’s level then he’s due to win the ACC next year, get back to me when he wins a title.
Bennett is a good coach but you are talking about his history and I am talking about right now at ths point in time. Right now, this season, this point in time, there is no light between the coaches or the teams. They are both playing at a high level. History is a different discussion, Buzz is 4 years removed from taking over a flailing program who’s AD ran it into the ground.

That’s fine but just because you don’t care doesn’t belittle the Baseball National Championship. It the real deal....
Not belittling it, its just not comparable to football or basketball. You are over hyping it though by comparing it to winning NCs in those sports.

Not belittling it, its just not comparable to football or basketball. You are over hyping it though by comparing it to winning NCs in those sports.
Not worth discussing, it’s one of the big 3.....more would acknowledge that than not. I’ve got VT friends who believe VT’s first chance at a NC will be wrestling.....but I guess you wouldn’t acknowledge it, if it ever happened.

Bennett is a good coach but you are talking about his history and I am talking about right now at ths point in time. Right now, this season, this point in time, there is no light between the coaches or the teams. They are both playing at a high level. History is a different discussion, Buzz is 4 years removed from taking over a flailing program who’s AD ran it into the ground.
No light between the 2? Wow, lets see Bennett wrapped up the ACC regular season with 4 games left.....Buzz has VT at 9-6 with 3 tough games left, more than likely you finish in the middle of the pack with a first round bye. Nice accomplishment based on your start but no light between them......yea right.

No light between the 2? Wow, lets see Bennett wrapped up the ACC regular season with 4 games left.....Buzz has VT at 9-6 with 3 tough games left, more than likely you finish in the middle of the pack with a first round bye. Nice accomplishment based on your start but no light between them......yea right.
You are not reading or comprehending my posts.

I said, no light between the way the two teams are playing right now. I said nothing about the standings. Not sure I can make that any plainer.

Right now our team is as good as yours. VT, at this stage of the season, is as hard to beat as UVa is.

In the standings, UVa is ahead of everybody. They’ve been the most consistent from start to finish. But strictly based on how teams are playing as the season progresses, in the stretch run I don’t think UVa is the best team anymore. You do agree that some teams improve during the season, no? So, as of now, Duke looks like the best team, UNC is playing well, VT has pulled even with UVa. In my opinion of course.

You are not reading or comprehending my posts.

I said, no light between the way the two teams are playing right now. I said nothing about the standings. Not sure I can make that any plainer.

Right now our team is as good as yours. VT, at this stage of the season, is as hard to beat as UVa is.

In the standings, UVa is ahead of everybody. They’ve been the most consistent from start to finish. But strictly based on how teams are playing as the season progresses, in the stretch run I don’t think UVa is the best team anymore. You do agree that some teams improve during the season, no? So, as of now, Duke looks like the best team, UNC is playing well, VT has pulled even with UVa. In my opinion of course.
I can only hope we play again.....

Not worth discussing, it’s one of the big 3.....more would acknowledge that than not. I’ve got VT friends who believe VT’s first chance at a NC will be wrestling.....but I guess you wouldn’t acknowledge it, if it ever happened.
There is no big 3.

How quickly you forget a beat down.....a healthy Hunter and having Hall without the flu leads to another one in my opinion.
So you’re not giving us credit for improving? Just excuses for your loss?

The team we have on the floor now seems to bear little resemblance to the team in the first UVa meeting, whether we were playing you at JPJ or anyone else in the stretch run. You don’t see that?

So you’re not giving us credit for improving? Just excuses for your loss?

The team we have on the floor now seems to bear little resemblance to the team in the first UVa meeting, whether we were playing you at JPJ or anyone else in the stretch run. You don’t see that?
You have definitely improved, without a doubt.....but to claim we are equal now, that’s a stretch. We were not at full strength in the last meeting, maybe you didn’t realize. But I will take my chances with Hunter and Hall at 100% every time. You are not giving us credit.....25-2.....14-1....you think we just lucked into that? I believe VT can go 2-1 over the last 3....loss to Duke but Louisville doesn’t really care after their week and Miami is struggling right now. A real chance for you to get 4th seed, I sure hope you do.....

You have definitely improved, without a doubt.....but to claim we are equal now, that’s a stretch. We were not at full strength in the last meeting, maybe you didn’t realize. But I will take my chances with Hunter and Hall at 100% every time. You are not giving us credit.....25-2.....14-1....you think we just lucked into that? I believe VT can go 2-1 over the last 3....loss to Duke but Louisville doesn’t really care after their week and Miami is struggling right now. A real chance for you to get 4th seed, I sure hope you do.....
Well, for me its no stretch at all, its an eye test, I watch every one of our games, and yours, and what I’m seeing is two very close teams. If we played again with the way we are playing defense and limiting turnovers it would go down to the wire again.

As for the credit I’ve given you, think about that. Nobody on this board (beside yourself) has given UVa more credit this year than I have from the beginning. When I thought they were playing the best basketball I said so. More than once. I’ve been consistently objective in my assessment of your team. No comment I have ever made would suggest they lucked into anything. When I say we’re equal at this time, that’s a compliment to how good I think UVa is because I think VT has really turned it up and playing at a high level. Duke is a heavily laden NBA lottery team playing in a different stratosphere from both of us. I’m not worried about the loss at Duke, we bounced right back from it. I expect a tough game from Louisville, they are literally playing to stay out of the NIT now. Miami can beat anybody at any time with some incredibly talented players. We have to maintain the edge we have been playing with to keep winning, nothing comes easy. If we do I also think we close out 2-1.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT