ADVERTISEMENT

NC State non-conference schedule

VTHokie1001K

All-American
May 22, 2006
I know our board has a bit of a love affair with N.C. State..mostly due to our mutual hatred of that scumbag school in Chapel Hill and the great N.C. State posters on this board. Trust me, I appreciate you guys and have no ill will towards your school......BUT can we talk about the absolute embarrassment of their non-conference schedule this year? I honestly don't think I've ever seen a worse one. I'm only posting this because I'd love to hear from one of our NC State posters to explain why they are playing possibly the weakest OOC schedule in the country.

Here it is.

Troy
Eastern Kentucky (???)
ODU
South Alabama

This is so soft it shouldn't even be allowed. If you don't get 9-10 wins you shouldn't be bowling.

The Troy game was added after LSU dropped us.
The ODU was added when the anticipated 9th ACC game addition fell through.
The other two games were setup by TOB.

But it is still an absolute pathetic and embarrassing OOC schedule! No doubts about it. And Yow has received many an angry email from boosters, myself included, complaining about the crappy OOC schedule. TOB always complained about us going out at halftime and not making it back into our seats at the start of the 3rd quarter...with many staying in the parking lot to tailgate. We always responded back saying if they schedule some real OOC teams that caused excitement, we would have our butts in the stadium. I donate too much money for lifetime seats to watch that crap!

Reactions: VTHokie1001K
Thanks for commenting PACKed House....I did a bit of research after posting this and came across some of the last minute drops. Tell me if I'm wrong though, but wasn't last years a bit on the soft side as well though? I'd be annoyed to as a fan. I've spent the past 3 years working in Asia and am finally back in the US...it's still an 8 hour drive from where I live to Blacksburg and I know i'd be annoyed if I had to drive down there to watch some of these teams.

I'm sure NC St fans would like to see this improved......I wish UVA had this OC schedule based on our lack of football coaching. Looking forward to London's final tour.

Its been probably 5 or 6 years since we have had a decent OOC schedule that got me excited. I understand where DD is coming from when he talks about how we are a young team and we play in the Atlantic against FSU, Clemson, and Louisville every year, but you ain't getting recognition nationally until you play some top tier teams from the SEC/B10/B12 etc...

VTHokie - The drive doesn't bother. In fact, when we are playing one of those crappy OOC games and my teenager gets bored... he walks home.

Its been probably 5 or 6 years since we have had a decent OOC schedule that got me excited. I understand where DD is coming from when he talks about how we are a young team and we play in the Atlantic against FSU, Clemson, and Louisville every year, but you ain't getting recognition nationally until you play some top tier teams from the SEC/B10/B12 etc...

You know, playing a bunch of eventual national champs usually just means you get stomped a lot...but every once in a while, you slide one in there and shock the world!

Of course...shortly after that you lose to 3-win Wake Forest on your home field in a game where you can't score a single TD and give it all back, so I don't know which way is worse in the big scheme of things.

I'm sure NC St fans would like to see this improved......I wish UVA had this OC schedule based on our lack of football coaching. Looking forward to London's final tour.
Yeah, y'all got a brutal first month. Bad part for you is that you guys could be beat to death going into the ACC schedule.

If UVA wins 3 games, I predict London will return.

I personally think that London has hung around just because UVa has been busy paying off their other coaching buyouts (Gillen, Leito, Groh, various assistants, et al?). I'm guessing those are mostly paid up now, so I don't see any reason for London to hang around past his current contract (which ends in 2015, I believe?).

Speaking of buyouts, this is an interesting read...

http://espn.go.com/college-football...uburn-nebraska-pay-fired-coaches-huge-buyouts

I personally think that London has hung around just because UVa has been busy paying off their other coaching buyouts (Gillen, Leito, Groh, various assistants, et al?). I'm guessing those are mostly paid up now, so I don't see any reason for London to hang around past his current contract (which ends in 2015, I believe?).

Speaking of buyouts, this is an interesting read...

http://espn.go.com/college-football...uburn-nebraska-pay-fired-coaches-huge-buyouts
I hope you are right on London. Time to upgrade the coaching talent to meet the Basketball, Baseball and other sports at UVA.

NCS may have a weak OOC schedule but I wouldn't go to sleep on them if I played them. They are not going to go down easy to anyone this year.
If London wins 6 this year he will stay at UVA. This is not going to be an easy task with their schedule.
Lot of my relatives live in NC. A number of them are NCS grads. None went to UNC. Not rich enough I guess or just didn't want to go there. NCS, gotta like 'em.:)

NCS may have a weak OOC schedule but I wouldn't go to sleep on them if I played them. They are not going to go down easy to anyone this year.
If London wins 6 this year he will stay at UVA. This is not going to be an easy task with their schedule.
Lot of my relatives live in NC. A number of them are NCS grads. None went to UNC. Not rich enough I guess or just didn't want to go there. NCS, gotta like 'em.:)

They have a harder schedule than we do. They play us, and we hope we are pretty good. But, they play Louisville, Clemson, and FSU, which we don't. Just one respectable ooc game would have given them a fairly strong schedule.

If NCS wins in the conference, no one will care about OoC opponents. We like creampuffs when they will come to our house and we don't have to go to theirs.

I hope UVA goes 0-12. They have too many players who rejected VT to go to Hooville. They fell for London's BS recruiting pitch. They deserve to sit home during bowl season.

Note: With 35 bowls, a team has to be bad not to go bowling.

With our conf schedule really you are only talking about one ooc game. Had the 9th ACC game not fell through it wouldn't be talked about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT