ADVERTISEMENT

New article on Grant Holloway (Including top 4)

VTHokie1001K

All-American
May 22, 2006
http://www.scout.com/college/footba...1-4-star-wr-grant-holloway-trims-list-to-four

Grant Holloway is one of the top dual-sport athletes in the country. The Virginia wide receiver and track star spoke with Scout about the latest developments in his recruitment.

”I’ve narrowed my list to Georgia, Virginia Tech, Oregon and Florida,” Grant Holloway said. “Those are the schools that are the best fit for me academically and athletically. Georgia is definitely recruiting me the hardest.

”Right now, I have offers from bot Georgia and Virginia Tech for both track and football, and Oregon and Florida have offered in track. But think Oregon could also be close to offering in football. I definitely want to do both sports in college.”

Holloway gave quick thought on each.

Georgia: “I like the offense they run and their academic support staff,” he said. “I could really see myself going to Georgia and going to there and winning titles and getting a degree to set me up for life after football.”

Virginia Tech: “They also have a good academic support staff. And (tight ends) coach (Bryan) Stinespring and I have a really good relationship and I know he would always be there for me.”

Oregon: “When I went out there, I saw that they really take care of their athletes. I was just really impressed with everything I saw while I was there.”

Florida: “I know coach (Mike) Holloway, the head track coach, would definitely help me reach my full potential in track and they have a winning football program. They also have really good academics.”

What’s next for Holloway?

”I know I’m taking officials to Georgia and Florida, but I don’t know the dates yet,” he said. “Hopefully, I’ll be able to make my decision by October or November.

”I definitely want to go to a school where I can do both football and track. I also want to go somewhere that has a good academic staff and academic support.”

Kind of sounds like Georgia and Oregon (If they offer in football) are the leaders but you never know what an 18 year old will decide.

hate to agree, can't imagine why VT is lagging recruiting him with so much talent!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT