ADVERTISEMENT

New sheriff in town

Apr 6, 2017
big Mack back in chapel hill landing and flipping recruits as well as finally getting a DC that will play hard defense . Y’all remember the last time Mack played VT. Total Beat Down!

big Mack back in chapel hill landing and flipping recruits as well as finally getting a DC that will play hard defense . Y’all remember the last time Mack played VT. Total Beat Down!
I think that was before you were born. Regardless, UNC having a pulse is actually good for the division and the league in general. We are happy for you, just don't expect him to win a NC.

Where can we hide? He's almost 80 isn't he? Is he going to tell recruits he'll be around a long time?

Where can we hide? He's almost 80 isn't he? Is he going to tell recruits he'll be around a long time?
Nah, he is only 68 years old. But since he has been out of coaching for 5 years, he really feels like he is 63. And once he starts using "Just for Men", he will look like he is 58. In fact, toss away those reading glasses and he will look more like he is 53. So, I think he will be just fine. Those 17 your old recruits will have no problems with him. Great hire Bubba.

Mack got run out of Texas for being to old to remember who he was.....he talks a much better game than he coaches. No one is afraid of this old great grandfather. I heard he wants to get his doctorate and knew if he went to UNCheat that he wouldn’t have to go to a class to get it...

Reactions: Flashman
Mack got run out of Texas for being to old to remember who he was.....he talks a much better game than he coaches. No one is afraid of this old great grandfather. I heard he wants to get his doctorate and knew if he went to UNCheat that he wouldn’t have to go to a class to get it...
Good point..... you don't have to go to class at UNC to get a degree.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flashman

UNC had no choice but to hire someone who knew where the bodies were buried, payments made, phone records hidden, and violations disguised.

Until the trees start growing over that cesspool of violation, they pretty much had to stick with one of their own ex-cons. The carcass of integrity is down that well, dead, stabbed and mutilated.

“big Mack”....lol.. more like “WalMart scooter Brown”.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Mack Brown is a good man. I like him. He's a very good coach and recruiter. UNC will do very well in 3-4 years, but it will be short-lived. Mack will have the same problem as Beamer in his final years. Other coaches/schools/recruiters will use high age against him by telling kids that "Mack will not be around much longer and if you commit, there's a good chance your four years will involve a coachimg change."

Mack will get away with this for his first 2-3 years because he's new and a fresh face and he's a good recruiter and he's a good coach. The wins will not start until 3-4 years after he gets his players, but by the time he starts winning, he will be on the other side of the recruiting curve and recruiting will be trending down. I still believe he has a 50/50 to make it to an ACC title game once during his stay, but that's it.

Mack did well at UNC in the mid 90s for a few years, but the ACC wasn't what it is today. There was Florida St and thats it. UVA was decent. GT had also started trending down from its hay days from the 1930s through 1991. Clemson had long trended down from what they were in the 1970s and 1980s, and VT and Miami hadn't joined the conference nor BC, nor N. Dame playing an ACC schedule. It will be much tougher to win this go around. I like Mack Brown though. I think he's first class.

Mack Brown is a good man. I like him. He's a very good coach and recruiter. UNC will do very well in 3-4 years, but it will be short-lived. Mack will have the same problem as Beamer in his final years. Other coaches/schools/recruiters will use high age against him by telling kids that "Mack will not be around much longer and if you commit, there's a good chance your four years will involve a coachimg change."

Mack will get away with this for his first 2-3 years because he's new and a fresh face and he's a good recruiter and he's a good coach. The wins will not start until 3-4 years after he gets his players, but by the time he starts winning, he will be on the other side of the recruiting curve and recruiting will be trending down. I still believe he has a 50/50 to make it to an ACC title game once during his stay, but that's it.

Mack did well at UNC in the mid 90s for a few years, but the ACC wasn't what it is today. There was Florida St and thats it. UVA was decent. GT had also started trending down from its hay days from the 1930s through 1991. Clemson had long trended down from what they were in the 1970s and 1980s, and VT and Miami hadn't joined the conference nor BC, nor N. Dame playing an ACC schedule. It will be much tougher to win this go around. I like Mack Brown though. I think he's first class.
3-4 years.....Mack’s not 50.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT