ADVERTISEMENT

Now Buzz is getting it done.

We certainly didn’t play like a number #1 team.....Congrats on a great win, should go a long ways toward Dance.

I did not watch game, but looks as if VT had game plan in place tonight that I said they should have used in first game.

Should have secured a ticket with this win, especially if boo hoos are as good as some proclaim. In my opinion they are not as good as their record. The schedule just fell into their hands, especially with most of their games in Charlottesville.

Naw HR6 it ain't the schedule, because 1/2 the conference games are at home and the other half are away.

But since Buzz shuffled the staring lineup and inserted more defensive-minded players, and since Robinson is penetrating more, we are a different, and better team.

Should have secured a ticket with this win, especially if boo hoos are as good as some proclaim. In my opinion they are not as good as their record. The schedule just fell into their hands, especially with most of their games in Charlottesville.
The hoos are very good. That game could have gone either way. It took everything we had in the tank to upset them tonight, and some luck too. They are so hard to beat that I’m really proud of what we accomplished tonight.

We certainly didn’t play like a number #1 team.....Congrats on a great win, should go a long ways toward Dance.
Your team played good tonight. There’s no embarrassment losing to this VT team. The difference was we matched your intensity for 45 minutes, which is hard to do against the Hoos.

Now that UVa has gone down there really isn’t a true team playing like a clear number 1. The NCAA tournament is going to be wide open.

Incredible win. As of now, we are off any bubble and safely in, but we still need to find 2 more wins. I think 9-9 definitely gets us in now, especially when considering GT is the only non tourney worthy team left on the schedule, so just finishing 2-4 will add at least 1 more quality win to the resume.

Unless a whole lot of bubble teams get hot down the stretch, a 9-9 ACC, 20-11 overall VT resume will be more than good enough when compared to other bubble resumes.

Reactions: HeaksManley
Looks like UVa will have to wait a little longer for that number 1 ranking.

I'm speechless. What an incredible job by Buzz and the kids. Shows how much I know! I agree with 4700, that we are (mostly) comfortable at this point. I don't see any reason we can't win another 3 games, and if we closed out 3-0 at home against Clemson, Louisville and Duke (TOUGH but not impossible), then we have a handful of really, really good wins. I don't see us losing to either GT or Pitt, but this is the ACC so you never know as last night demonstrated.

But since Buzz shuffled the staring lineup and inserted more defensive-minded players, and since Robinson is penetrating more, we are a different, and better team.
Yup. Hill 8 minutes against UVa, Wilson 31 minutes.

Big change by Buzz. He loves Hill, but realized he had to choose between benching Hill for Wilson, or keep losing games. And, he’s had the team working on nothing but defense since the Miami game.

And the team leader has stepped forward and it is Robinson.

I'm speechless. What an incredible job by Buzz and the kids. Shows how much I know! I agree with 4700, that we are (mostly) comfortable at this point. I don't see any reason we can't win another 3 games, and if we closed out 3-0 at home against Clemson, Louisville and Duke (TOUGH but not impossible), then we have a handful of really, really good wins. I don't see us losing to either GT or Pitt, but this is the ACC so you never know as last night demonstrated.
VT had a good strategy in making Hoos shoot 3’s all night.....if we had been shooting well the outcome would have been different but that wasn’t the case. Guy and Jerome had a rough night, missing open shots all night. Guy is unfortunately in a slump the last few games, Jerome and Hall had been covering for him but VT did a nice job taking Hall out of his game in the 2nd half. It appears Hunters not 100% on that ankle, he’s not driving like he was before Duke game. I really believe Hunters injury has hurt Hoos more the last couple of games than anyone or anything else. Good news he should be fine soon, I hope. Let me give VT a ton of credit for the win. You brought intensity and defense that was non existent in the first meeting. You have a good team if Buzz can keep the guys focused down the stretch. Congrats again on a resume building win, now finish strong and you will be dancing for sure.

No reason we cant finish undefeated, if will continue to play with the defensive intensity we showed against the hoos. That was lunch pail worthy

Easy now 1burg. Duke twice, Louisville, Clemson, Miami and GT are left. I see lots of reasons why we cannot and won't finish undefeated. The defense was good, but every team we play will not make only 11 of 38 3s, and will not totally give up on penetration. That was a strange UVA game plan, but good for us to take advantage. No question UVA will act much differently the next time a team plays this type of defense against them. And, don't forget, we only scored 16 2nd half points.

This was a great win, and it was a win that will most likely end up getting us in the dance, but with the flaws this team still has, improved defense alone certainly does not allow us to win these last 6. Let's just enjoy this win and not expect us to win the last 6. Otherwise, some will probably get on Buzz again instead of appreciating the fine job he is doing with this team this year.

VT had a good strategy in making Hoos shoot 3’s all night.....if we had been shooting well the outcome would have been different but that wasn’t the case. Guy and Jerome had a rough night, missing open shots all night.
Meh, we could say the same thing though. If we had been hitting our open shots in the second half we would have blown you off your home floor. Basketball is fickle like that. It was a good competitive game though, between two teams that are basically even matched when they play hard and don’t make silly turnovers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT