ADVERTISEMENT

Official prediction thread UVA/VT.... GO!!

TECHHOO?

Team Captain
Apr 15, 2008
UVA to knock VT out of bowl game 31-21 but we won't be bowling either after tough-loss to Miami

UVA 10 VT 12. VT gets the safety with 3 min to go. The ball is on our 1 and we go to the end around with Watford as reciever.

UVA actually has a pretty good D.

No way we score.
Folks, we just scored 3 points, in 4 quarters and 2 overtimes, against a team that has only beaten Army & Gardner Webb.

UVA 10 VT 3

I guess we can manage one FG, but that's it. This UVA team is not bad. It's time for them to take the Commonwealth cup back. Hope London will keep his job and wait for our next HC to beat him.

no tough loss to Miami..we manhandled them..should be interesting game !"could go either way we should win but probably won't .tech kicks late field goal 13-10 vt

Correction: 20:3, after watching UVA's game vs Miami, I think they will score points on offense, defense, and special teams on us.

no way. This tech team doesn't know how to win close team at home, and the game with UVA won't even be close. Tech lose by 17.

34-6 UVA.

I wish we had Tyrod - he just had a will to win and made the people around him better. Something that is desperately lacking on this team right now.

If London Loses to this VT team then maybe he should go..

UVA- 27
VT-14

To be honest, UVa has played a much stronger schedule,and they are much improved, especially on defense. I'll just say this, the team that doesn't win this game, is a really bad team. If I was forced to bet a dime, I'd say Wahoos.

I can understand boycotting the coaches, but the players do deserve a good crowd . This is senior night those guys have busted their balls, bled, sweat, and missed many holidays with their loved ones, so we can watch a simple game, bitch, whine, moan, and cheer. I will be there LOUD AND PROUD, I don't care if we are 0-11,5-6,or 11-0. This is my team and my kids GO HOKIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post was edited on 11/23 10:09 AM by 1bburgfan

This post was edited on 11/23 10:11 AM by 1bburgfan

One of 2 things will happen I believe:

1. VT offense will get shut out.

2. VT offense will hang 35-45 points on the scoreboard, making everyone wonder where it's been since Ohio State game.

One thing is a given, if we want to beat the Boo Hoos, we cannot use the same schemes/plays we have used most of season.

I believe one (of many) problems with offense, is we substitute too much. it seems we have a different personnel package for every play. If this is true, the opponents defensive coaches have picked up on this and know what play is being run before ball is snapped.

I would think it would be best to play same 11 players majority of time with same formation, but run different plays.

Originally posted by 1bburgfan:

I can understand boycotting the coaches, but the players do deserve a good crowd . This is senior night those guys have busted their balls, bled, sweat, and missed many holidays with their loved ones, so we can watch a simple game, bitch, whine, moan, and cheer. I will be there LOUD AND PROUD, I don't care if we are 0-11,5-6,or 11-0. This is my team and my kids GO HOKIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post was edited on 11/23 10:09 AM by 1bburgfan
This post was edited on 11/23 10:11 AM by 1bburgfan
You're not boycotting the coaches if you show up to the game, actually. As long as you're putting money in their pockets you're enabling the shit show that has become VT football. Also, this is less about boycotting the coaches and just not giving a shit at this point. This team is unwatchable and there is no emotional investment on my part in this program right now. I haven't been upset about a loss since the FSU game in 2012, really, because I've become resigned. If we lose to UVa, eh, oh well. If not, cool. Beamer gets another vacation before stepping down.

Too bad we don't have another basketball game to watch in the same time slot as this week's football game. Having that option really tempers 3 and a half hours of the Beamerball experience. I was able to focus on what the basketball team was doing and only had to glance up occasionally at the football score on the TV screen to verify that we still had zero, without direct exposure to the sordid details. Its much easier on the eyes not actually having to watch that offensive horror show as it unfolds.

How can either fan base feel good about this game......UVA hasn't won in forever......VT has one of the worst offenses out there.....none of us have a clue as to which team shows up for either school......do we see the VT team that beat OSU or the team that lost to Wake.......does the UVA team show up that beat Louisville and Miami or the team that gave away the UNC and Duke games.....so many question marks for both squads.

Very true Hoos19. Nobody knows which team will show up.

If VT uses same offensive game plan they carried to WF, we will be sitting home come bowl season.

That is probably true, but it would be good to keep streak alive. That's the only reason we should even mention bowl game. Heck if do managed to beat the Hoos (on a late FG), we'll go to some .com bowl. , but hopefully it will be vs. an SEC team.

UVA turns the ball over 4 times, one being a pick 6, and we kick 2 field goals for our final score of 13. The offense will be shut out again. Mike London loses the game with a bone-headed play like he has so many times before. They score the only real touchdown of the game and kick a field goal for their final score of 10.

Final score, VT 13 UVA10.

This game will be a defensive gem.

It will be a real Black Friday for the loser of this game.

The Grim Reaper will be in the stands because he has a long list of coaches that will depart with him. lol

There is no question in my mind that UVA has the better team. If both teams play up to their ability we will lose by 21 or so points. Our team has gone from bad to worse. We have some talented players . It's just that we have some glaring holes in coaching. After the WF game I just cannot stand to watch anymore games. I have rented a couple of DVD's starring the Keystone Kops. Kind of similar but a little better organized.

Someone mentioned the London Effect. Suddenly I feel a lot better about our chances.

Hokies 9
hoos 8

an ugly season deserves an ugly score against our "rival"

I predict that Motley starts for VT....ala Vic Hall for UVA a few years back......I look for the wildcat to make an appearance......just got a sneaky feeling something like this will happen.

You may be on to something there. One thing for sure, we have to change our game plan somehow, someway.

Also getting some production out of special teams would be good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT