ADVERTISEMENT

OK, Enough, Our Men's Basketball Team Is Going Downhill Fast

Well, we righted tonight and somehow, through sheet guts, got a W against Va. Now we'll see how bad Clark's injury is, that'll effect the rest of the season. Watching the game in Cville and the one tonight, I think the way to attack UVa on offense is inside out.
You have to get the ball inside early and when the pack line drops into the middle find the open man on the outside and then swing the ball. Also, cover their threes. UVA loves to shoot the three and you absolutely have to make them go for twos. Their inside game is their weakness.

And cover Perrentes, he's as deadly as a three shooter as their is. I don't think he shoots enough. Make him shoot a two. Great comeback Hokies.

Reactions: HeaksManley
Well, we righted tonight and somehow, through sheet guts, got a W against Va. Now we'll see how bad Clark's injury is, that'll effect the rest of the season. Watching the game in Cville and the one tonight, I think the way to attack UVa on offense is inside out.
You have to get the ball inside early and when the pack line drops into the middle find the open man on the outside and then swing the ball. Also, cover their threes. UVA loves to shoot the three and you absolutely have to make them go for twos. Their inside game is their weakness.

And cover Perrentes, he's as deadly as a three shooter as their is. I don't think he shoots enough. Make him shoot a two. Great comeback Hokies.
Our defensive communication looked much improved. Good game for Sy too which should help his confidence. I thought that was Sy's best offensive game to date. Better game for Hill too, even though he still couldn't get his 3 ball to drop it looks like he rediscovered his ability to take the ball to the basket. We'll need more of that from him, especially if Clarke can't go.

Congrats on the win....this one will go a long ways for the NCAA Tournament. I thought VT played hard all night and pulled out a nice win. Hope Clarks injury isn't bad.

Thanks, and I agree. Also, pretty cool that we've split our last 4, eh? I know the games in C'Ville haven't been too competitive on our end, but I think Buzz's turn-around job is way ahead of schedule to have us at .500 against you guys the past two seasons.

Thanks, and I agree. Also, pretty cool that we've split our last 4, eh? I know the games in C'Ville haven't been too competitive on our end, but I think Buzz's turn-around job is way ahead of schedule to have us at .500 against you guys the past two seasons.
Any road game in the ACC is tough, never seen a year like this.....it's been a fun season.

Well we beat the Hoos in our house and we just beat Pitt at their house. Our team is alive and well!

Another great win tonight against a quality Pitt team on the road. Can't believe how much Buzz gets from his players and how well they're responding. Obviously it showed with Clark out(prayers for a good recovery,Chris), but players stepped up and filled in. Pitt is a big team and we had trouble with their size but kept pushing and didn't panic. Excellent poise and finish. Go Hokies. We're going to have to learn to play small now but we're filling in.

9-9 ACC and 20-10 overall will have us dancing, but I am thinking let's get to 11-7, 22-8 and about a 6 seed, which would give us a good path (beat 11 seed and 3 seed) to the sweet 16.

Another good defensive effort tonight. Defense is tightening as the team hits the home stretch.

You forgot VT, Miami and BC
Actually, this has been one of the most important weeks, thus far for VT basketball in years. They should be proud of themselves.
I don't fully understand the lousy record of Pitt. They seem to have the horses, but something is missing. 70% 3 point shooting in the first half, out rebounded VT by more than 10, have a few horses down low. If they had a Robinson, they would be top 15 IMHO.

You forgot VT, Miami and BC

VT and Miami belong in ACC. BC was brought in for the famed Boston TV market. ??????????

Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville and ND add nothing to conference except expensive travel costs. Put their sorry ____s back in Big East or AAC.

9-9 ACC and 20-10 overall will have us dancing, but I am thinking let's get to 11-7, 22-8 and about a 6 seed, which would give us a good path (beat 11 seed and 3 seed) to the sweet 16.

Yup, no reason we can't finish 4-1. Louisville has size, plays stingy defense and can stretch you out on the perimeter defensively. In sum, they're a match-up nightmare for us. Playing in their house I don't have much hope that we'll win, let alone keep it close, but 4-0 against Wake, BC, Clemson and Miami is very doable -- especially with 3 of those being at home.

Actually we're learning to player larger with Clark gone and Sy getting more minutes. And I'm glad Allen stepped up the UVA and did some shake 'n bake to show us he is capable.

Its gonna be tough without Energizer Bunny Clark.

Well, UVA got rung up by Duke today and they have a murderous schedule coming up, so we may be able to inch up a bit near them. I think Heaks is right and Louisville will be our hardest game down the stretch, but we look energized right now, just need rebounds and some inside D.

I'm glad we're not playing Duke now because they are looking a lot better. UVA looks gassed and it shows in the second half.

Actually we're learning to player larger with Clark gone and Sy getting more minutes. And I'm glad Allen stepped up the UVA and did some shake 'n bake to show us he is capable.

Its gonna be tough without Energizer Bunny Clark.

Clark reminds of Deron Washington. A lot of energy and really fun to watch play. His absence will be felt during the post season. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Actually, this has been one of the most important weeks, thus far for VT basketball in years. They should be proud of themselves.
I don't fully understand the lousy record of Pitt. They seem to have the horses, but something is missing. 70% 3 point shooting in the first half, out rebounded VT by more than 10, have a few horses down low. If they had a Robinson, they would be top 15 IMHO.
Pittsburgh does not have a true point guard. This really hurts them going down the stretch in games. I agree they are the best team with a bad record in the ACC (maybe the nation).

Well, UVA got rung up by Duke today and they have a murderous schedule coming up, so we may be able to inch up a bit near them. I think Heaks is right and Louisville will be our hardest game down the stretch, but we look energized right now, just need rebounds and some inside D.

I'm glad we're not playing Duke now because they are looking a lot better. UVA looks gassed and it shows in the second half.
Yeah, Duke we played at just the right time. However, for most of the other games we lost we played teams when they were playing their best ball (NCSU, FSU, ND, Miami). I see VT going 3-2 for the rest of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT