ADVERTISEMENT

Our QB's

Hokiepoke

All-Conference
Jan 9, 2003
Greenville, SC
I am not impressed with Hooker. He mishandles at least one snap every game. I wish they would put Patterson in there. At least he can pick up 2 yards with his legs when needed.

Reactions: VT/UK Rondo
Only 1 per game is OK w/ me. I like the other things he does. He's our best bet for now.

Beamer ball in the 2nd half. Bud and his lunch pail D.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
I am not impressed with Hooker. He mishandles at least one snap every game. I wish they would put Patterson in there. At least he can pick up 2 yards with his legs when needed.
I respectfully disagree. Hooker is the reason our season has turned around. Willis was a mistake machine who couldn't read defenses. The team lost confidence in their ability to win with him in (ex. the Duke debacle). Patterson isn't ready to fully implement our passing game, but does possess great upside potential.

Of the 3 QB's, Hooker is clearly #1 and Patterson a distance #2 - though that gap will shrink during the spring as he gets significant reps. Fall camp may be competitive as to the starting QB. Just hope neither Hooker or Patterson transfer.

I respectfully disagree. Hooker is the reason our season has turned around. Willis was a mistake machine who couldn't read defenses. The team lost confidence in their ability to win with him in (ex. the Duke debacle). Patterson isn't ready to fully implement our passing game, but does possess great upside potential.

Of the 3 QB's, Hooker is clearly #1 and Patterson a distance #2 - though that gap will shrink during the spring as he gets significant reps. Fall camp may be competitive as to the starting QB. Just hope neither Hooker or Patterson transfer.
I don't disagree with you at all, but remember it was Patterson who gave us the most exciting win of the year against UNC. And I also do feel that Patterson gives us as good a chance even with his somewhat lesser passing skills as Hooker does but in a different way....... with his running skills. I find it somewhat hilarious that despite the fact that the opposing defenses know on certain downs that Patterson is going to run, and they are ready, they just cannot stop him. :)

I don't disagree with you at all, but remember it was Patterson who gave us the most exciting win of the year against UNC. And I also do feel that Patterson gives us as good a chance even with his somewhat lesser passing skills as Hooker does but in a different way....... with his running skills. I find it somewhat hilarious that despite the fact that the opposing defenses know on certain downs that Patterson is going to run, and they are ready, they just cannot stop him. :)
We're blessed to have two young QB's with great upside potential. If Patterson's learning curve accelerates in the spring and fall, Fuente will have a tough decision to make - who starts at QB in 2020.

My worry is the #2 QB in 2020 may transfer...

I have always seen him as an insurance policy. You hope not to need it, but its best to have it in a worse case scenario (injuries).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT