ADVERTISEMENT

Pelini was 9-3 this yr.

fathersonhokie

All-American
Jun 27, 2012
I think Nebraska may have screwed up.
Always liked Pelini.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/nebraska-players-learned-of-bo-pelini-s-firing-via-email-from-ad-171615237.html

I think Solich might've had a better record than that the year they fired him.

Just looked it up...Solich was 9-3 the year he was fired, was 58-19 overall in 6 seasons, had a national title game appearance in '01, and was conference coach of the year in '99 and '01.

Strangely enough, the DC on Solich's last team was...Bo Pelini.

9-3 and gets fired. 5-7 and gets retained at some schools. Imagine if hoos were 9-3, they'd be slobbering all over themselves, London would get a 10 year extention.

Being a diehard Husker fan and a member of their rivals site he was let go for conduct more so than wins and losses

Originally posted by TECHHOO?:
Being a diehard Husker fan and a member of their rivals site he was let go for conduct more so than wins and losses
Agree

This post was edited on 12/2 2:09 PM by leeanderthal

Pelini assclowned himself out of a job in Lincoln. His firing had nothing to do with wins and losses.

It's just like all the posters on here don't understand, what you get may not be any better or as good as what you have. In this push button society we live in today everybody wants to win and win big, and their idea of winning big is usually blown way out of proportion. If coaches from major conferences have to win as many as nine or 10 games a year or risk losing their jobs, about half are going to get fired every year. It's stupid. I think the guy was a good coach. It's much harder to recruit at Nebraska now than it was 20 years ago. Things have changed, and they have lost their recruiting base. We have a better opportunity to recruit talent than they do. I agree, it's probably a mistake, but one they have made before. We should remember this when it comes to Frank Beamer. Continuity is so very important, and he'll be back. We're going to be much better in 2015.

I do not believe that, not at all. His conduct issues were blown way out of proportion. He is gone for two reasons, he refused to fire members of his staff choosing loyalty instead, and because he won nine games, and did not beat either Wisconsin or Michigan St. If he had won the Big 10 he could have called everybody a horses ass and been fine. Why can a Steve Spurrier throw his cap in the air and it's the old ball coach and it's okay, and Nick Saban can bless out a kid on the sideline and that's good coaching, but something else do either of the two, and he's suddenly out of control. That's a bunch of bunk.

Originally posted by blue bomber:
It's just like all the posters on here don't understand, what you get may not be any better or as good as what you have. In this push button society we live in today everybody wants to win and win big, and their idea of winning big is usually blown way out of proportion. If coaches from major conferences have to win as many as nine or 10 games a year or risk losing their jobs, about half are going to get fired every year. It's stupid. I think the guy was a good coach. It's much harder to recruit at Nebraska now than it was 20 years ago. Things have changed, and they have lost their recruiting base. We have a better opportunity to recruit talent than they do. I agree, it's probably a mistake, but one they have made before. We should remember this when it comes to Frank Beamer. Continuity is so very important, and he'll be back. We're going to be much better in 2015.
I hear ya, but trends often do not lie:

Year--------W/L Record

2010...........11-3
2011...........11-3
2012.............7-6
2013.............8-5
2014.............6-7 or 7-6

Remember Larry Coker?

Year--------W/L Record

2001............12-0
2002............12-1
2003............11-2
2004..............9-3
2005..............9-3
2006..............7-6

How about Bobby Bowden?

Year--------W/L Record

1999............12-0
2000............11-1
2001..............8-4
2002..............9-5
2003..............9-4
2004..............9-3
2005..............8-5
2006..............7-6
2007..............7-6
2008..............9-4 (two FCS opponents on schedule)
2009..............7-6

What makes you say Nebraska lost their recruiting base? Don't all kids in that state and many from the region want to be a Cornhusker?

Why anyone would want to play in the Midwest is beyond me.....you have to grow up pulling for one of those schools in order to want to play for them. Same with the north.......

Originally posted by BigDaddyHokie:
What makes you say Nebraska lost their recruiting base? Don't all kids in that state and many from the region want to be a Cornhusker?
Under Tom Osborne, Nebraska got most of their skill players from California, Texas, Florida, and Louisiana. Their are plenty of good linemen in Nebraska but not enough of the skill position players you win with. Osborne knew this that's why he went out of state. Blue chippers would leave Florida, Texas, and California to play for a legend like Osborne. They won't for an assclown like Pelini.

Originally posted by BigDaddyHokie:
I like Pelini. He's the kind of guy you'd want on your side in a brawl.
Pelini is the type of guy who would change sides and turn against you in the middle of a brawl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT