ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Prediction.....

+1.. just cant see TCU being there. #4 will have to be ohio st. or Baylor.

They will put Bama #1 and probably keep FSU at #4 so they can have them meet in the Sugar Bowl. They do not want to put FSU at #3 and send them all the way to the Rose. Oregon will stay at #2 and be in the Rose Bowl, and they will most likely put OSU #3 because that would be the best Rose Bowl match up.

When you add it all up, those 4 teams are the most deserving.

Wins: FSU 13, Oregon 12, Bama 12, OSU 12, Baylor 11.

Wins over power 5 teams: FSU 12, Oregon 10, Bama 10, OSU 10, Baylor 8.

OOC power 5 teams played: FSU 3, Oregon 1, Bama 1, OSU 1, Baylor 0.

Sorry, Baylor, nice season, and most years 11-1 with a Big 12 title will get you in, but not when all 3 of your OOC games are against cupcakes and the 4 other power 5 conference champs all have better resumes, more wins, and 1 or 0 losses.

Sorry, TCU, but you didn't even win your conference, and even if you want to pretend you are a co champ, you still only have 11 total wins, and 9 total wins over power 5 teams, which, like Baylor, is less than the other 4 conference champs.

If they start ranking teams based on geography, then this committee has no credibility. The # 1 team deserves to play the # 4 team, not the # 2 team put there because it will make more money for the schools and bowls.

Do you really think the committee has done anything yet to show they have credibility? They have contradicted themselves every week.

Several weeks ago, they moved Bama from #5 to #1 because they "controlled the game" against Miss. St., but a few seconds later said they had Miss St. at #4 because "they played it close against Bama". They also said they liked Miss. St. and kept them ranked high because they looked at where the teams they beat were ranked "when they played them", but did not do this with FSU and other teams.

They obviously wanted TCU in over Baylor, and were protecting themselves in case OSU lost. They didn't like Baylor winning close against TT, but didn't care when TCU won close against Kansas. They conveniently put TCU opponent Minnesota at #25 one week, and then bragged about TCU's wins over ranked teams. They continued to build up TCU, and acted like they were blowing everyone out, but never talked about their close wins against OU, WVU, and Kansas. The way they ignored the head to head in this example was ridiculous.

They kept dropping FSU for close wins, but didn't drop other teams for having multiple close wins.....and a loss!!! FSU only at #4 is a joke, and geography has to be the reason.

I will be shocked if the committee does not have Bama playing FSU in the semis because of everything they have done to set this up. Look at last week. Why would they move TCU to #3 and drop FSU to #4? They were trying to cover themselves if this would have been the final four. They knew TCU wouldn't lose to Iowa St., so if OSU and Baylor would have lost, they would not want a Bama/TCU Sugar Bowl and FSU/Oregon Rose Bowl. They figured it would not work if they tried to move TCU to #3 after beating Iowa St. so they conveniently moved them ahead of FSU last week.

I think unless it is too ridiculous to do so, the committee will always keep geography in mind. They would never tell us that, but some of their rankings scream this is what they are doing. You can say leave geography out and #1 deserves to play #4, but do we really know for sure who #1 is? Do we really know if any of these teams are a clear #1 or #2 or #3 or #4?

We'll find out soon enough. If Bama and FSU are not playing in the Sugar Bowl, I will be the first to admit I was wrong. If they are, then it would be obvious why they have a 13-0 team #4 with three 1 loss teams ahead of them. Of course, they could always slide Oregon to #1, move Bama to #2, put FSU at #3, and have OSU #4 because this would still leave them with a Bama/FSU Sugar Bowl and Oregon/OSU Rose Bowl.

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
#1 Alabama
#2 Oregon
#3 Florida St.
#4 Ohio St
Good call Hoos. I stand corrected. I thought for sure they would keep a 13-0 FSU close to home, and keep a traditional Rose Bowl match up. It is almost like they keep trying to hurt FSU. They kept dropping them for winning, and they only raised them a notch at a time when it now hurts them.

TCU and Baylor should take NCAA to court. There should be investigation into OSU-Whisky game . I smell a rat. No team is 59 points better than the badgers. I'd like to give committee a polograph test.

If Ohio is in playoffs. VT should get big bowl. VT is better than the Buckholes. 35-21 or something like that.

Suck on it HR....some of us know football and some wish they did!!! The committee got it right IMO, the Big 12 being DA's and not having a championship game bit them in the butt just like it was predicted before season.

Ohio State played a cupcake schedule. Same as rest of Little 10. TCU was 3rd last week. They win 55-3 and drop off map. That proves integrity of committee.

We can debate for ever, but what is gonna be result, of poor choices by committee is next year teams are gonna run up score at every opportunity. No more 55~0 games. We may see a lot of teams score in 70's, 80's,90's next year, maybe even 100+. Just winning is no longer good enough,

FSU will win in Pasadena and Bama by 2 TDS over OSU

I like FSU to win in California. I do not buy the Oregon hype. I think FSU will win close in Pasadena. They are very physical and will be able to run and pass on Oregon. Oregon will be probably an 8-10 point favorite by Vegas. I think FSU not only covers, but they win.

Alabama will mop the floor with OSU. OSU and Wisky? Physical. Wisky? They do not know what physical is....oh wait, maybe they do when we beat their arses up there early in the year. Bama is ATTROCIOUSLY physical and OSU IS NOT going to New Orleans and win. Bring Braxton Miller or the 10th string QB. They AIN'T winning down there, period.

I like FSU and Bama in the title game with FSU playing right with Bama. It may seem like an injustice because FSU is going west to play Oregon. Do not buy into the ESPN "matchup" hype. It's BS. The teams that beat Oregon are ones that are more physical like Stanford over the years or a physical USC defense, etc, or even Arizona which is somewhat physical compared to many other PAC 10 teams along with the SEC teams that have regularily handled Oregon. Bama is BETTER than Oregon. If you are FSU, you want to play the team that is NOT better of the two regardless of "style." The matchup is actually BAD for Oregon. FSU can beat them and FSU's front four will play in the backfield of Oregon and FSU will be able to run the ball just like every other team down South does when they play Oregon.

Re: FSU will win in Pasadena and Bama by 2 TDS over OSU

Good post. I hope the Buckholes and the Quacks both get creamed.

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:
Ohio State played a cupcake schedule. Same as rest of Little 10. TCU was 3rd last week. They win 55-3 and drop off map. That proves integrity of committee.

We can debate for ever, but what is gonna be result, of poor choices by committee is next year teams are gonna run up score at every opportunity. No more 55~0 games. We may see a lot of teams score in 70's, 80's,90's next year, maybe even 100+. Just winning is no longer good enough,
This is hilarious. I guess it's pretty clear from your posts that you are the board idiot, but still.

Ohio State beat more teams with winning records than TCU and Baylor COMBINED!!!

TCU didn't even win their own conference, so of course they fell behind the other 5 conference champs to 6, and for good reason. Baylor played the weakest noncon schedule in the country, 128 out of 128.

But don't let facts stop you from making a fool of yourself, you clearly never have in the past.

Originally posted by um1978grad:
This is hilarious. I guess it's pretty clear from your posts that you are the board idiot, but still.
Please review the board rules.

Name-calling won't be tolerated here, so please refrain... HR6 posts a lot of facetious stuff. Everyone here knows that. Welcome and enjoy the banter.

I have never understood how someone can attack another poster just because they not agree with a post.. If i see a post that i not agree with I try to post facts to prove the point. People who attack other posters might need to be ejected for targeting.

One reason I want to see Ahia State lose to Alabama is to see all the conspiracies on various Suckeye boards when it happens. They're still whining and moaning about being whacked by Flurduh in 2007. I think their latest conspiracy theory is that their pre-game meal was drugged thus leading to such a lackluster performance on the field.

Buckholes are a disgrace to college football. I wish every school outside of Little 10 would refuse to play them for OOC games. They think they are bigger and better than everyone else just because of size of school and stadium, and the love they get from the media.

Not an FSU fan but I would like to see them take O down. They will be the home team because of location of the game and to beat them on the west coast would send a great message out for the ACC. Naturally I would root for them to whip Bama's rearend so I could listen to HR scream bloody murder for a year or so.

This post was edited on 12/8 7:17 PM by leeanderthal

Buckholes? Don't worry Mod, I'm done on this board for good considering you support his trailer trash posting. I've never seen such classless behavior outside of SEC fans. I thought Tech fans had more class than that. I know for a fact that the "Buckholes" do.

kick_off_042107vspringgame.jpg

laurinaitis_james_042107vscarlet.jpg

proxy.jpg

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2014-09-05/ohio-states-not-forgotten-tribute-virginia-tech-wake-tragedy

I for one hope Ohio St. kicks the crap out of Nicky Satan and his ban of lil Devils.....

Buckholes? Don't worry Mod, I'm done on this board for good considering you support his trailer trash posting. I've never seen such classless behavior outside of SEC fans. I thought Tech fans had more class than that. I know for a fact that the "Buckholes" do.

ec

ec

proxy.jpg

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2014-09-05/ohio-states-not-forgotten-tribute-virginia-tech-wake-tragedy
My friend, there is an ignore button below each user's handle. Don't be afraid to exercise your rights. You can't honestly tell me there isn't at least one crazy in every town, but do you judge the town by he/she or on merit? The poster in question lives and dies by his outlandish comments and dry humor, and we here all know that. It is what it is, but I would bet money if you were broken down on the side of I81 he and most other VT fans would be among the first to offer help.

This is a sports forum and we have fanatics just like nearly all sports forums. For the record, I believe tOSU would have honored Michigan in the same way as above if such a tragedy had occurred there.

ec

ec

proxy.jpg

Don't take sports message boards so seriously.

Buckeye fans are welcome here. HR6 posts a lot of things that I don't agree with - however he is entitled to his opinion. Just call him out without the name calling.

OSU and its fans don't need to defend themselves for being selected for the playoff. The system is the problem. It is difficult to compare teams that only play a dozen games and don't play similar schedules.

I have been on a lot of boards - plenty of opposing fans have talked crap about VT and Frank Beamer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT