ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for VA Tech vs FSU

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
VA Tech 31- FSU 27

Bud Foster's D is ahead of FSU's O who couldn't prepare for our team speed. Our O is adequate with protecting the ball and we have fewer turnovers.

I our DBs will keep everything in front of them until they get calmed down. Bud Foster will not let their QB get comfortable in the pocket after a few good gains.

FSU by 10...

Hokie run game never takes off...FSU with their RB's forces the defense to move up in the box and then they go to the pass with some success.

FSU O-Line is much improved and the starting two running backs are both 5 Star and STUDS. The QB can throw and he is very good. With the new offense scheme FSU will score and I fully expect 30 points easily.

The big question is how good is the defense? FSU has the talent and I think they will put pressure on the QB. I have no idea how good the DEF Coord is or Taggert. I know they are great recruiters, but we will find how how good coaches they are Monday night

You think FSU can’t prepare for your TEAM SPEED! Hahahaha how delusional can you be? Fsu always has one of the fastest teams in college football

I suspect that FSU in their practice scrimmages probably play one of the faster teams in the CFP.

Not being prepared for team speed is probably less of a problem for them than pass blocking, inexperience at LB, etc.

FSU by 10...

Hokie run game never takes off...FSU with their RB's forces the defense to move up in the box and then they go to the pass with some success.
I think VT may actually run the ball better than you’d think. Our LBers are going to be really bad. I’d be shocked if they aren’t the worst unit in the game by far.

I look at this game tomorrow and think that FSU will be ready for us however, the question is how ready can they be with a new system, coaches and program? I don't want a G-tech type game where we are shaky and somehow, we lose the game

A big shout out to Mr. Jolly....a boatd aquaintance of 17 seasons back.

We started conversing on the board when the ACC was thinking about adding VT...when I was a little younger and not yet retired. I still think of some of those posters from the way back..VTTBI in particular.

Looking forward to a good match...may there be no injuries...the game officiated well, and the weather be fair.

A big shout out to Mr. Jolly....a boatd aquaintance of 17 seasons back.

We started conversing on the board when the ACC was thinking about adding VT...when I was a little younger and not yet retired. I still think of some of those posters from the way back..VTTBI in particular.

Looking forward to a good match...may there be no injuries...the game officiated well, and the weather be fair.
That's been a long time now. Good to see some of the old timers still alive and kicking and most of all still enjoying our football. Haven't seen VTTBI in years though. Interesting game tonight, I honestly didn't know what to expect but obviously pleased with the outcome. Defense really exceeded my expectation. Great job by the coaches preparing the team.

This game reminded me of the Ohio State game from a few years ago when we beat them at their place. Glad my prediction was completely wrong and we won. Hope the team is ready for JMU..... I mean W&M in 5 days.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT