ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions on who's gonna be QB this Fall?

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
Everybody's got a shot. Hooker decided to come back bc he was told he had a chance. I hope coach let's them all play some to keep 'em happy.

Everybody's got a shot. Hooker decided to come back bc he was told he had a chance. I hope coach let's them all play some to keep 'em happy.
Willis will be the starter as he is clearly a better passer than all others at this time. I believe Hooker will be the back up. Hooker saw first hand how overrated Patterson is and knows there isn't much of a competition in 2020 which is the main reason why he came back. Based on what I read, Patterson has below average passing skills and unless he develops significantly during the 2019 season, he may be better off transferring. I think Hooker's primary competition in 2020 will be 2019/2020 signees.

Just read this article from Roanoke Times about Patterson:

https://www.roanoke.com/hokies/spor...cle_c12f4e4b-aa09-53a6-b60b-b953ddc31ab7.html

A friend of mine attended spring game/scrimmage and walked away with the same impression of him. Anyway, I agree that depth at QB is in good shape now. In fact, I have a brother in law in Marietta, GA area who has seen Kadum in action and thinks he is a really good and very underrated as a QB. He believes the kid has a shot at playing a significant role at VT a couple a years down the line. I hope he is right.

And how about that Oregon transfer? He makes it even more interesting for the future. Nothing against our long-time recruits, but having an influx of talent from transfers can't hurt.

And how about that Oregon transfer? He makes it even more interesting for the future. Nothing against our long-time recruits, but having an influx of talent from transfers can't hurt.
I have really not seen him in action so I can't comment as to how good he is, but certainly, he would at least provide some good competition in 2020, and like Willis, should have an edge at least having started several games before at a top tier school.

ADVERTISEMENT