ADVERTISEMENT

Props from a Kentucky Wildcat

Dec 16, 2007
You guys have a damn good basketball team this year who gave us all we could handle in Rupp. Buzz Williams is a highly underrated coach and his teams fight like crazy and won't quit. VT will definitely be a factor in the ACC race and I can speak for the rest of the Big Blue Nation when I say we'll be cheering for you the rest of the season over the likes of Duke, North Carolina, and Louisville. Go get 'em Hokies!

Thanks. I thought it was a good game for the most part by both teams and I thought your guys played great to get that win the way we kept counterpunching, and did a great job taking away our open looks at 3s. I can see your team getting better and better with each game. We could have a very good run this year in the ACC if we cut our turnovers to an acceptable number. Obviously that ended up being our kryptonite yesterday. Expect to see Kentucky make another deep run this year, good luck.

Yep good game. It's hard to hold down all that talent you guys bring to the table. You proved you could hit 3s when the paint got jammed up. Good luck to you guys also.

Kudos to both teams for scheduling this game. Most all other teams were playing cupcakes Saturday.
I couldn’t help but bust out laughing......your 326th strength of schedule has been tough I know HR. You better win 10 ACC games or you can host an NIT game with the lack of Top 100 wins. It’s time Buzz stepped up the OCC.....

I couldn’t help but bust out laughing......your 326th strength of schedule has been tough I know HR. You better win 10 ACC games or you can host an NIT game with the lack of Top 100 wins. It’s time Buzz stepped up the OCC.....
I think we’ll have the 10 wins. This is a really good team. Cut down on the turnovers and they can beat anybody on their schedule.

I think we’ll have the 10 wins. This is a really good team. Cut down on the turnovers and they can beat anybody on their schedule.
You may very well get 10 but Buzz is making it hard on his team by not scheduling better in OCC part of the year. A couple of nice quality wins would take some pressure off the conference schedule. You currently rank 93 in the RPI rankings, not very good for a team that is 9-2. I understood his first few years but your team is to good to play this many cupcakes. Your best wins are Iowa at 214, Washington at 68 and Ole Miss at 196.....a good showing versus UK is nice but it’s a lose at the end of the day. You go 9-9 with this schedule and you will be firmly on the bubble again.

Last edited:
I think that if we do well (upper 1/3 of ACC) then we will get in. Take care of business on the court and it will all work out.

Who has UVA played ? How many road games have they played ? Hoos played Savannah State last night,, (at home), next game is vs Hampton (at home).

Who has UVA played ? How many road games have they played ? Hoos played Savannah State last night,, (at home), next game is vs Hampton (at home).
HR I’ll explain the difference but I doubt you understand since RPI rankings are involved. Just remember these rankings come into play when a team is on the bubble. UVA has wins agains #18 Rhode Island, #81 Wisconsin, #109 VCU, #140 UNC-G, #145 Davidson and #151 Vanderbilt.....that’s 6 wins against the top 151. Now compare that to VT has wins against 1 team in the top #151, plus Radford at #155. Plus UVA lost to #10 WVU while VT lost to #171 St Louis.......UVA has played 11 games against an average #132 ranked opponent while VT has played 12 games against an average #197 opponent. And yes HR I agree playing Hampton this week is a joke, they do nothing to help UVA’s RPI. Amazingly VT playing NC A&T will improve VT’s RPI. Now both have a tough ACC schedule ahead of them and with 10 wins both would get into the Dance.....but if both were 9-9 who do you think gets in 1st? VT is a good team that should have played better competition. They could be a deserving team that gets left out because Buzz’s scheduling is a joke....you better hope they have a great ACC run. Keep in mind VT plays 8 of the 18 games against Top 25 teams, not going to be a gimme you get 9 wins.

You may very well get 10 but Buzz is making it hard on his team by not scheduling better in OCC part of the year. A couple of nice quality wins would take some pressure off the conference schedule. You currently rank 93 in the RPI rankings, not very good for a team that is 9-2. I understood his first few years but your team is to good to play this many cupcakes. Your best wins are Iowa at 214, Washington at 68 and Ole Miss at 196.....a good showing versus UK is nice but it’s a lose at the end of the day. You go 9-9 with this schedule and you will be firmly on the bubble again.
Yeah, I think I’ve already agreed with you and now we have come full circle about our OOC schedule. I was just commenting back to your comment about hoping we get those 10 wins. As stated, I think we are good enough to do that despite the difficulty of our ACC schedule. Certainly we don’t want to be a bubble team come March with our OOC schedule.

Yeah, I think I’ve already agreed with you and now we have come full circle about our OOC schedule. I was just commenting back to your comment about hoping we get those 10 wins. As stated, I think we are good enough to do that despite the difficulty of our ACC schedule. Certainly we don’t want to be a bubble team come March with our OOC schedule.
I think you can do it as well but not going to be easy with your schedule.....got to steal a few that you aren’t favored in.....protect the home court will be important.

As I have stated before, every team in nation gets fat off cupcakes. Some of the matchups are a joke.

But funny things happen. UNC lost to Wofford last night.

As I have stated before, every team in nation gets fat off cupcakes. Some of the matchups are a joke.

But funny things happen. UNC lost to Wofford last night.
I know some Hokies are in mourning this morning about UNCheat losing......I seem to know a lot of VT football fans that are UNCheat basketball fans. As for me that just made my day complete....I heard it was the first time the Cheaters had ever taken real exams and they just couldn’t focus on basketball after that experience.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6

Those whohaha's like a Pentecostal PreacherMan. They build em up and set em down, lift em up, and sit em down, get em all fired up, then let em rest. They paper-tiger like or much as one of dem snake handlin preachers. Day get that audience on fire, and den boom, they plummit. Dats the whooohaha's for a long as I can remember. Doze boyz filled up with all that emotion, den the bottom falls out when dey lose. That be.....the Hooz

Those whohaha's like a Pentecostal PreacherMan. They build em up and set em down, lift em up, and sit em down, get em all fired up, then let em rest. They paper-tiger like or much as one of dem snake handlin preachers. Day get that audience on fire, and den boom, they plummit. Dats the whooohaha's for a long as I can remember. Doze boyz filled up with all that emotion, den the bottom falls out when dey lose. That be.....the Hooz
Thanks I guess.....no one has a clue what language you are even trying to speak. Got to believe you rode the short bus.

Those whoodyhoos be looking for nub in all tha wrong places. I know bout that Club two one six in da Hoootyville Capital and ur problem is like that old song would say, looking for nub in all the wrong places

Those whoodyhoos be looking for nub in all tha wrong places. I know bout that Club two one six in da Hoootyville Capital and ur problem is like that old song would say, looking for nub in all the wrong places
Votre mere vous a chute sur la tete.

UVA wins big over Hampton and drops 7 places on Kenpom.....that’s why you don’t play so many cupcakes.

If UVA does so poorly in conference play that they have to lean on a December RPI and a November win over Rhode Island, then they probably shouldnt get an invite anyway.

Someone told me their RPI is 19. They have only played one good team, and lost that one. Plus they have played every game at home, except 1, other than a couple neutral site games, if my memory is correct. I hope they go 0 for the season in ACC play.

Someone told me their RPI is 19. They have only played one good team, and lost that one. Plus they have played every game at home, except 1, other than a couple neutral site games, if my memory is correct. I hope they go 0 for the season in ACC play.
You still don’t understand how it all works so do yourself a favor and don’t watch basketball....

If UVA does so poorly in conference play that they have to lean on a December RPI and a November win over Rhode Island, then they probably shouldnt get an invite anyway.
Not talking about UVA, but if VT and UVA both finish at .500 in conference, UVA gets the nod based on the OCC being better. Buzz must love cupcakes, that’s all he schedules. 5 games against 300+ RPI teams, come on....may as well schedule Blacksburg High School. Buzz hurts them if they are a bubble team, no complaining if you don’t get in the dance.

I think both VT and UVA tried to get fat off cupcakes: Here are some of the cupcakes that were on menu:

UNC-G
Detroit Mercy
Austin Peay
Citadel
Monmouth
Houston Baptist
Rhode Island
Morehead State
Lehigh
Radford
Savannah State
Maryland Eastern Shore
Hampton
NC A&T

VT has played the toughest opponent, Kentucky on the road. In reality, both teams have only played one decent opponent. (UVA did go to WVA)

I think both VT and UVA tried to get fat off cupcakes: Here are some of the cupcakes that were on menu:

UNC-G
Detroit Mercy
Austin Peay
Citadel
Monmouth
Houston Baptist
Rhode Island
Morehead State
Lehigh
Radford
Savannah State
Maryland Eastern Shore
Hampton
NC A&T

VT has played the toughest opponent, Kentucky on the road. In reality, both teams have only played one decent opponent. (UVA did go to WVA)
You need to google RPI......UVA is #22......VT is #80. That’s a huge difference in OCC scheduling. You may not understand it, but that’s reality.

You need to google RPI......UVA is #22......VT is #80. That’s a huge difference in OCC scheduling. You may not understand it, but that’s reality.

Not really. It can litterly be the difference in a game or two. Teams can move 10 spots without even playing a game based on what a previous opponent does. Its a fragile system of measurement that will mean more in March than December.

Not really. It can litterly be the difference in a game or two. Teams can move 10 spots without even playing a game based on what a previous opponent does. Its a fragile system of measurement that will mean more in March than December.
It does show how weak a teams OCC is going into conference play. What it shows is VT now needs to not only win the games they are supposed to win but steal a couple they are not supposed to win. They can’t afford any slip ups if they want to avoid the bubble.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
I not know how RPI is actually determined, I have a vague idea, but if UVA RPI is 22, with the cupcakes they have played, RPI doesn't have much weight, even though Selection Committee will use it in March, for or against some teams.(but not all teams).
Only team UVA has played that should reward them in RPI is their road game vs WVA.
I believe selection committee pays attention to road games/wins, and eating cupcakes at home.

If VT can beat Duke , UNC and Miami, it should help RPI.

I not know how RPI is actually determined, I have a vague idea, but if UVA RPI is 22, with the cupcakes they have played, RPI doesn't have much weight, even though Selection Committee will use it in March, for or against some teams.(but not all teams).
Only team UVA has played that should reward them in RPI is their road game vs WVA.
I believe selection committee pays attention to road games/wins, and eating cupcakes at home.

If VT can beat Duke , UNC and Miami, it should help RPI.
You obviously wouldn’t know a cupcake if it was right in front of you.....

Assertions, squabbles, claims, & feuding ain't squat when you got no dogs. UofHooity Hoo football respresentz cocker spanish fightin with a hell-hound. Silly az Hooity Hoo, pigskin is for hell-hounds, not silly Hoopuffity puff rub and lapdogs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT