ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterback

I see that QB is now a 3 man race. If anyone beats out Evans, he should be a Heisman Finalist. Based on my initial observations, Evans is best QB at VT since Michael Vick.

IMO.

Our coach is going to keep the race tight to see who can handle the pressure. He may even let all 3 play in our first game to see who looks the best before he decides. He may even let the competition last until the day before the TN game to name a starter.

I see that QB is now a 3 man race. If anyone beats out Evans, he should be a Heisman Finalist. Based on my initial observations, Evans is best QB at VT since Michael Vick.
He wont ever be the qb TT was or Bryan Randall. From what I have seen at practice , don't sleep on Jackson.

There is no way Jackson starts. In the presence of much senior and experienced players, he will, at best, play a series or two in the first match. I still think they will keep him on the sideline and try to redshirt him. He was only given a chance to practice because Lawson is gone and they need a thirdstringer.

He may even let all 3 play in our first game to see who looks the best before he decides.
No way Jackson sees the field this year unless he's been named the starter. Loeffler's clueless butt killed a redshirt year for a 4* prospect over something stupid like that, but Fuentes is no Loeffler.

For all of the experience that Motley and Evans have, the perception seems to be that the gap between those two and Jackson isn't as large as it should be. That says something about Jackson....intangibles like field awareness and football IQ are important too.

Evans is the starter.

If Motley is that close I say redshirt Jackson. But if Jackson has the tools give him some reps and don't waste him as we have lots of talent coming to town behind him in 2017 and 2018.

Last edited:
HR6 predicted after the spring game, that Evans would be the starter.
Now that's stepping out on a thin limb....did anyone really believe he wouldn't be the starter. It should be interesting, Liberty will be the best competition he has ever seen.....much less Tenn.

Evans deserves to start but whoever said that there isn't much difference between Evans and JJ is correct. Motley i guess will be the back-up but if Evans gets hurt and has to miss an extended period of time my money is on JJ taking the shirt off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT