Recent JC recruit Marco Lee is a load

Discussion in 'Hokies Haven' started by BigDaddyHokie, Nov 12, 2019.

1. BigDaddyHokie

BigDaddyHokie All-American
    Expand Collapse

The 5-foot 11-inch, 225-pounder is now considered the No. 2 running back at the junior college level.

A great get for VT!

2. es79hokie

es79hokie All-Conference
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Good to hear. We desperately need a big back for short yardage situations. Gary and Holston have potential (though neither is a power runner) - if fully recovered from their injuries. Excited to see what Gary can do in 2020.

If Lee is as good as 'advertised', King and Gary stay healthy, and either McClease or Holston return, we'll finally have a deep and talented back field. Add in a young OL that continues to improve and our O will be potent in 2020.

3. VT/UK Rondo

VT/UK Rondo Hokie Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

He apparently got good hands too.

4. Hokiepoke

Hokiepoke All-Conference
    Expand Collapse

Our problem isn't the numbers, or the size of our backs, it is that they don't have the speed other than the freshman King. We had a running back last year who was a load but was so slow that even I, at 57, could chase down! So, while I am excited about the new JuCo kid, I just hope he can run 4.4 or faster.

5. Hokiepoke

Hokiepoke All-Conference
    Expand Collapse

Update: Talked to my nephew who played against him in high school in Columbus GA, and according to him, Lee was super fast when he played against him, and is surprised how big he can gotten. I guess with his speed and now his size, he is going to be something. Glad he is coming to Blacksburg! :)