ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting under the new regime......

AAHokie

Starter
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
You know, I hated it when Harbaugh went into Michigan, and started recruiting kids who had long before given a commitment to another school, but I'm starting to understand that if you don't do that, then you put yourself at least two years in the hole on bringing in talent. I don't think the HC job is as important as the assistant jobs, since those are the guys the recruits are going to live with every day, and those are the relationships that really play into the decisions to commit. Sitting in limbo with the entire coaching staff means that we will lose the better talent, both committed and uncommitted, and have no chance to replace them with like talent.

Under Frank, I've always gotten the impression that we steer clear of kids who commit, unless they knock on our door. Others don't, and pick off committed talent all the time. Here's hoping that whomever we pick as HC commits quickly to his key staff, and goes after talent they need, even if it's spoken for elsewhere. I don't think this crosses an ethical line, under these circumstances anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.