ADVERTISEMENT

Redskins fan questions re Tim Settle and Greg Stroman

Nov 6, 2001
Redskins fan here.

What can you tell me about Tim Settle and Greg Stroman? Can Settle be a three down starting nose tackle? We had the 32nd ranked rush D last year. We took another top Alabama D lineman this year at 13th overall, along with Jonathan Allen in the 1st round last year. But neither has the bulk of Settle to eat up two O lineman regularly.

As for Stroman, can he lineup outside in man coverage, or is he a slot DB? I am still rustled that we traded away Corey Fuller and a 3rd to get Alex Smith. We should have given away another pick or player, but not a high quality DB like Fuller in this passing offense NFL with four pass catchers on most plays.

Thanks for the insight.

Settle is pretty light on his feet for his size. I think he can play all 4 downs and stop the run and rush the passer. But who knows, he's still a kid that left college with 2 years of eligibility left. He may be great or he may be a kid with a lot of money and time on his hands and screw up. Stroman is a better special teams player than corner back IMO.

Settle is pretty light on his feet for his size. I think he can play all 4 downs and stop the run and rush the passer. But who knows, he's still a kid that left college with 2 years of eligibility left. He may be great or he may be a kid with a lot of money and time on his hands and screw up. Stroman is a better special teams player than corner back IMO.

I agree that they should never have traded Kendall Fuller. He is just coming unto his own and has the potential to develop into a pro-bowl caliber player.
Other than Josh Norman, the skins don't have any other corners that can shut anyone down. Greg Stroman is a good punt returner and special teams player but will probably end on the practice squad. Settle has the potential but he'll be a project for a year or two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT