ADVERTISEMENT

***Sam Denmark On VT Commit***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Hanahan (SC) three-star wide receiver Sam Denmark, who committed to the Hokies late last night. I will say, the big thing here right off the bat is that he said he's "a hundred percent" with his decision and doesn't plan on taking any more visits.

Denmark was first offered by assistant coach Shane Beamer in September. Denmark then visited VT for the Boston College game and was at the junior day Feb. 7. He told me what stood out to him is he wasn't treated any differently on both trips and loved the overall hospitality. He also talked to current players and seniors who just played last fall and liked what he heard.

Over the past few weeks, starting at the junior day, Denmark said he loved what he heard from assistant coach Zohn Burden. Denmark said they really hit it off and said he "could really see myself playing under him."

The other big thing with Denmark is his speed. He won the state 100 meter-dash last year for Class AAA at 10.92 seconds. Denmark said there's a possibility he could run track at VT, but that he hasn't spoken with any of the track coaches yet.

This is a kid who because of his speed, is a huge pickup. Denmark was at the Rivals250 Underclassmen Challenge in 2013 and I saw him in person at the RCS in Charlotte last spring. He didn't do anything to jump out, but his speed was evident and he was very consistent.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

Sam Denmark profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.