ADVERTISEMENT

Schemes/Coaching are the Problem

HokieSteve

Signee
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Georgetown, TX
I share the frustration many of you have with the failures in recruiting top quality VA recruits and our inability to get more of the 4 and 5 star recruits. The fact of the matter is that we have consistently been in the low 20's in the ranking of our recruiting classes each of the past 4 years and that is pretty respectable. There was a time when VA tech was one of the teams consistently lauded for doing more with less through excellent coaching. Unfortunately, I think that ship has sailed. I believe our coaches, even Foster to an extent, are in a rut in terms of schemes, coaching styles, and even player development. Other schools. like Baylor and TCU, with far lower ranked recruiting classes the last 4 years are doing great through innovative coaching, schemes, play calling, and player development. The proof is in the pudding. We all know the kind of success TCU and Baylor have enjoyed the last few years. Below are their recruiting class rankings for the past 4 years compared to ours. Don't tell me it can't be done with our recruits. We just need the coaches who can make it happen.

2015 2014 2013 2012 Avg

VA Tech 24 25 23 22 23.5
Baylor 43 35 31 45 38.5
TCU 34 50 30 37 37.7

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.