ADVERTISEMENT

So do you think we'll have football in the Fall?

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
Nope. Not able to social distance and most think its coming back again for a second wave. I've seen online that the Spanish Flu killed 3-5 million the first time around and 10 times that amount during the second wave.

Last edited:
I think so. I'm not sold on a 2nd wave coming. I think summer takes this thing out and by fall there will be some measure of medical control of this COVID-19...

It would be a pleasant surprise if the season starts on time and is played in the way we're used to seeing (full stadiums, etc.), but you have to think there'll be some football.

It would be a pleasant surprise if the season starts on time and is played in the way we're used to seeing (full stadiums, etc.), but you have to think there'll be some football.
It may actually behoove us to start the season early and get done by early Nov before the virus takes a stronghold of the situation again.

That's... not how it works.
I know.... I have been following college football for 42 years. It does not matter how it normally works. These are unusual times and so this season will have to be different. If I could control it, I'd start the season in mid-August, and end in early Nov. I have a feeling that come mid-Nov, this beast is going to go wild again. There probably won't be any bowl games, or if there are, they may have to be played in empty stadiums which to me would defeat the purpose of the bowl games.

I know.... I have been following college football for 42 years. It does not matter how it normally works. These are unusual times and so this season will have to be different. If I could control it, I'd start the season in mid-August, and end in early Nov. I have a feeling that come mid-Nov, this beast is going to go wild again. There probably won't be any bowl games, or if there are, they may have to be played in empty stadiums which to me would defeat the purpose of the bowl games.
That's not what I mean. The waves of the virus don't just happen based on the calendar, they happen based on mass gatherings of people. You don't beat the virus to a finish line, you merely lead to the second wave happening sooner.

That's not what I mean. The waves of the virus don't just happen based on the calendar, they happen based on mass gatherings of people. You don't beat the virus to a finish line, you merely lead to the second wave happening sooner.
I agree that the waves would not follow the calendar, but it is pretty much a given that once it gets cold, this thing is going to start spreading again. So, my thinking is that in between, say between Aug and Nov, I hope we can play a few games. May not be 12 game season but for our sanity's sake, we do need 'distractions'. For us CF fans, we need a few games even if it is a shortened season. I'll take an 8 game season over no season at all.

Today the NCAA says to let football and basketball start 6/1!

Super!

But if the team gets sick that'll change fast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT