ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Football Practice

hokieinc-ville

New Recruit
Jul 17, 2009
I thought after the win over Duke, we might have something to get excited about with the Big Dance.
How'd that turn out?
So Spring is here according to the calendar so its time to time to turn our attention to what really matters, Hokie Football. We lost most of our defensive backfield so Bud is going to have his hands full trying to find some hell hounds to replace them. And then there is the question of who is going to be the Quarterback. Its Jackson's position to lose so I hope he steps up and takes charge of the offense. It will be interesting to watch.
Buzz, we'll see ya next fall.

Reading the Richmond and Roanoke papers, one would believe that UVA is a threat to Alabama. They could sugarcoat cow manure when it comes to UVA football.

Reading the Richmond and Roanoke papers, one would believe that UVA is a threat to Alabama. They could sugarcoat cow manure when it comes to UVA football.
We would beat the crap out of those cheaters from Bama......to bad they not on our schedule so I could be proven correct......:cool:

I wonder if Herndon Hooker is going the challenge Jackson for the starting job this Fall. Jackson is a great kid and a fine QB but like one writer already asked, "does he have the physical talent to lead us over the best teams?"

I am going on the record that Jackson will be the starting QB (unless an injury) against FSU in September. I think he just needs better receivers and a better backfield to take some pressure of off him to get to the next level (not sure this incoming class is improving the backfield, but I like the receivers coming in). Justin did not loosen the reigns last year on his QB, but I expect that to change this year. Still an 8-4 record would be good for VT next season.

8 - 4 will be a disappointing season, especially given our lackluster schedule.

I wish we had FSU later in the schedule but maybe it will be to our advantage since Ds dominate more in the early season while O's are learning their jobs. Their QB is coming off an injury year and and a win depends more on how he is protected and throws than anything else. If we pull out all the stops and play to win we can do it. If we come out all conservative and they get a lead its all over.

I wish we had FSU later in the schedule but maybe it will be to our advantage since Ds dominate more in the early season while O's are learning their jobs. Their QB is coming off an injury year and and a win depends more on how he is protected and throws than anything else. If we pull out all the stops and play to win we can do it. If we come out all conservative and they get a lead its all over.
FSU will have a new coaching staff and system, so we might as well get them early before they get comfortable with their new offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT