ADVERTISEMENT

The difference between this years basketball team and last seasons

1bburgfan

All-American
Aug 9, 2005
the 1.6 million salary difference , they are paying the new coach.
This post was edited on 12/7 5:54 PM by 1bburgfan

Holy Cow Radford.....I know everyone's pumped up about Buzz "Curley" Williams but Radford.....I can't believe VT doesn't already have better athletes than Radford, that is unbelievable. No where to go but up from here....

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
Holy Cow Radford.....I know everyone's pumped up about Buzz "Curley" Williams but Radford.....I can't believe VT doesn't already have better athletes than Radford, that is unbelievable. No where to go but up from here....
Yeah. Playing with 5 freshmen and no power forwards. Shocking.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

This guy has already posted back to back top 25 recruiting seasons. Lets let those guys get to tech and see what happens before we jump all over Buzz.

No doubt he has recruits on the way, just very surprised he couldn't beat Radford with 5 walk ons.... Am I the only one who thinks Buzz looks like Curly from the 3 Stooges?

Originally posted by BigDaddyHokie:
Yeah give Buzz a chance to get his players in town.

2 years is all JJ got............................. and the freshmen Bibbs is hands down the best, who recruited him?

Originally posted by 1bburgfan:

Originally posted by BigDaddyHokie:
Yeah give Buzz a chance to get his players in town.

2 years is all JJ got............................. and the freshmen Bibbs is hands down the best, who recruited him?
JJ's history, time to move forward now. Buzz did a good job of getting Bibbs to stay, Hill's going to be an excellent player too, and Pierce will develop in time. And Buzz has 5 more coming next season. Fans just need to be patient. We all knew this year would be challenging.

1burgfan I agree. That's all I saw. What a miserable way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I hurried from church, wanted to make the game Weather was pretty good. Was going to take wife for something to eat after the game, just a nice Sunday. But the game was horrible. We just lost to Radford, and we are a really bad team, and you're correct, the only difference between this year and last is the money spent, but I'm not sure last year's team wasn't a bit better than this. We're done. Lost to Radford, it would be nice if we could just cancel the remainder of the season because there are going to be some embarrassing whoopins. The wife and I just went home and had a ham sandwich. Ruined the day. Doubt I will go back this season at least, next year can't be that much better either.

As a huge Hokie basketball fan - It is simple.

We don't have height, we turn the ball over, and we are terrible from the free throw line. We are one of the most inefficient teams in the country because of the turnovers and poor free throw shooting - we just throw away possessions. We also can't rebound because of our lack of size - which means we give other teams multiple possessions.

The issues will get fixed with player development and when better players come to the program.

The team has improved - they force more turnovers and actually run offensive sets and get good shots.

Originally posted by vtpmt81:
As a huge Hokie basketball fan - It is simple.

We don't have height, we turn the ball over, and we are terrible from the free throw line. We are one of the most inefficient teams in the country because of the turnovers and poor free throw shooting - we just throw away possessions. We also can't rebound because of our lack of size - which means we give other teams multiple possessions.

The issues will get fixed with player development and when better players come to the program.

The team has improved - they force more turnovers and actually run offensive sets and get good shots.
Exactly. Very well said.

I expect the first two years that there will be some bad losses. I bet there will also be some unexpected wins. I think these are program building years, for a platform for the future that didn't exist before Whit and Buzz.

Originally posted by AAHokie:
I expect the first two years that there will be some bad losses. I bet there will also be some unexpected wins. I think these are program building years, for a platform for the future that didn't exist before Whit and Buzz.
Yup. Hokie fans should keep their eye on Buzz year 3. I also plan to enjoy the ride up as it progresses. I'm guessing that most of our avid basketball fans are planning to do the same.

The fact that we have a future to look forward to is what the 1.6M is all about - not a snap shot last year's team with this year's team.

Good Lord, that Harrell kid is punishing Indiana down low. Hes a monster...had he stayed at VT....damn.

He never actually made it to VT. He signed an LOI, and then Weaver fired Seth, and he was subsequently released from the LOI.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT