ADVERTISEMENT

The Future of VT

RB4

Freshman
Mar 7, 2004
haha nvm.. just got hoaxed by hokiehaven...

This post was edited on 11/13 4:19 PM by RB4

Only two more years of this, thankfully. I don't know what we'll be getting from our next head coach, but there will at least be some mystery leading up to signing day the first few years. With Beamer and his buffoons it's the same shit every year on the recruiting trail.

Hopefully the future will include a new play book. A couple years ago there was a copy of Rich Rod's WVA playbook on the internet. Maybe we can print a copy of it.

Originally posted by HeaksManley:
Only two more years of this, thankfully. I don't know what we'll be getting from our next head coach, but there will at least be some mystery leading up to signing day the first few years. With Beamer and his buffoons it's the same shit every year on the recruiting trail.
At least one but you're probably correct at two. We need a hat with a rabbit but I don't see it coming. The right thing to do is resign but I can't see anyone with his ego doing that. Two more years now has a double meaning.

Re: Future of VT is two guys with first names that start out BU....

I'm not convinced Bud would be a good head coach. Perhaps it's the Peter Principle; let's not promote Bud to be inept. If he excels as a DC, then maybe he should stay as a DC.

When VT hires a new coach, HE MUST BE AN OFFENSIVE GURU WHO CAN RUN A NO HUDDLE SPREAD OFFENSE, and score 40, 50, 60 points a game, especially against inferior teams in ACC.

Originally posted by HokieNation:

I'm not convinced Bud would be a good head coach. Perhaps it's the Peter Principle; let's not promote Bud to be inept. If he excels as a DC, then maybe he should stay as a DC.
I agree that he wont be a good head coach at the D1 level.

Two coaches to keep an eye on are Justin Fuente at Memphis and Jim McElwain at Colorado State. Fuente has resurrected the Memphis program from the dead and made them a contender in whatever name the old Big East is called these days. McElwain is 9-1 in his third year at CSU. One drawback for both these coaches is that neither has any ties to Virginia Tech's immediate recruiting area but both have excellent pedigrees. Fuente was OC at TCU under Gary Patterson and McElwain did a four year stint as Nick Saban's OC at Alabama and was part of two NC's there.

As for Bud Foster, if he's willing to stay on as DC and work with the next HC then by all means he should be retained. Even if he's not willing to do so he should at the very least be offered some administrative post in the athletic department in return for his years of loyal service. As for being the next head coach, no.

Originally posted by UNC71-00:
Why is the consensus two years?
Because it wouldn't be pc to fire him before the potential history-making Bristol game. He's brought VT a long way, and unless something catastrophic happens (losing every game next year or he does a Marion Barry impression, etc.), he's on a pass through that game.

Sunny don't bet your Wave on It......A lot of rumbling in the back ground and ticket sales and empty seats in Lane by current ticket holders will be the biggest factor. The Future of VT is what Whit Babcock was hired to take care of. Not Frank Beamer's Future... IMHO

Looks like you might get the stud DT Settle. Get a few guys like this kid on the offensive side and you are good to go.

Originally posted by Jackcrow:

Sunny don't bet your Wave on It......A lot of rumbling in the back ground and ticket sales and empty seats in Lane by current ticket holders will be the biggest factor. The Future of VT is what Whit Babcock was hired to take care of. Not Frank Beamer's Future... IMHO
That was jmho on why the consensus is two yrs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT