ADVERTISEMENT

This is painful to watch

I still think Blanding would of been a good back up here and maybe even a special teams starter, and the official should file assault and battery charges on Brown. Has the ACC made any official announcement on the thug's actions?

I still think Blanding would of been a good back up here and maybe even a special teams starter, and the official should file assault and battery charges on Brown. Has the ACC made any official announcement on the thug's actions?
Reminded me of the stomping at VT......it was just a Vick impression. There isn’t a DB at VT that could hold Blanding or Thornhills jock, just sayin.

LOL I wouldn’t expect anything different from you guys.....you may never admit it but you are flat wrong on this one....no way they saw enough to over turn.....grass flying up now that’s funny, don’t guess a guy dragging his hands on the grass could cause that....no way.
Hands on the sides of the ball, not under. Review officials agreed. IIWII. They saw enough to overturn. If they hadn't, why did they overturn? What are you suggesting, and what supports it?

Branding and Brown should have both gone to VT. Makes me think there was something fishy on recruiting trail. Why would anyone go to UVA instead of VT. Unless they enjoy losing.

I say overrated because neither team is nearly as good as its record indicates. On the surface we won 9 games, but when you look at it closely, 2 of those wins were against cupcakes, and 2 more were against teams that are absolutely dumpster fires (ECU and UNC). That is 4 our of 9 wins. As for UVA, they may have won 6 games coming into this game, but frankly, Delaware looked better than UVA against us.

How is this different from most FBS teams? Even Alabama pads their schedule with directional FCS schools. Miami has played and won a lot of close games, and Clemson did the same last year while en route to a national championship. Tech is a good 9-win team, and they're ranked right about where they should be. Don't see the problem, nor do I follow your logic here.

Reactions: 1bburgfan
In my opinion, at this point, I think Bronco is a better head coach that JuFu is. When you look at what Bronco has been able to do with what he has had to do it with (almost zero talent at his disposal), winning six games is pretty freaking amazing. I hope the local kids see that. It would be great if 15 of the top 20 instate players signed with UVA and VT on an annual basis.

UVa's defense had more 5* talent on it than we do on our entire roster. I don't want to hear about how Bronco has done so much with less. BTW, it's curious that you think Bronco is a better coach than Fu considering he's 0-3 head-to-head against him.

Reactions: 1bburgfan
Ok , you won again.......it’s now Basketball season, I guess you wouldn’t know since VT is still playing DIII schools.

When anyone connected with UVA starts talking about any other school's strength of schedule in any sport, it's probably time to forget about sports and start piano lessons or something. Everytime I go to Charlottesville, I stop at a bakery and get a cupcake.

That ball's on the ground

Bounce_Pass.jpg

When anyone connected with UVA starts talking about any other school's strength of schedule in any sport, it's probably time to forget about sports and start piano lessons or something. Everytime I go to Charlottesville, I stop at a bakery and get a cupcake.
LMAO.....your strength of schedule is in the 300’s.....what does that mean for VT, you better win 10 conference games or be happy with the NIT. Buzz has got to pick it up on the out of conference schedule and take some heat of the ACC results. Running up and and down the floor beating high school teams teaches your team nothing.....can VT run plays? Can VT play defense? Who knows at this point.....beating Iowa will help and beat Kentucky and you could go 9-9 in the ACC and make the dance.

Fingers are under it.....no way enough to over turn. If it had been called incomplete, maybe but no way it should have been overturned. Break that saved the Hokies.
Officiating didn’t save the Hokies, but making the correct call was helpful, because that’s when the hoos came unglued and folded, starting fights instead of playing football. But they always fold in one way or the other. That’s the common theme throughout “The Streak”. Its that kind of leadership in the hoo football program year in and year out that leads to losing to your rival 14 years in a row. And I loved how Mendenhall blamed that on his predecessors after the game - almost 3 years after they’ve left! It just makes him look like another UVa coach who refuses to take responsibility for HIS football team.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Officiating didn’t save the Hokies, but making the correct call was helpful, because that’s when the hoos came unglued and folded, starting fights instead of playing football. But they always fold in one way or the other. That’s the common theme throughout “The Streak”. Its that kind of leadership in the hoo football program year in and year out that leads to losing to your rival 14 years in a row. And I loved how Mendenhall blamed that on his predecessors after the game - almost 3 years after they’ve left! It just makes him look like another UVa coach who refuses to take responsibility for HIS football team.
Wow.....some of that hit close to home. We will never agree that there was enough to overturn the catch but that’s ok.

Please dont compare CJF with Stiney or any other offense at VT. Sure its vanilla as hell sometimes and there is some head scratcher play calling but we dont exactly have alot of experienced play makers on offense. When CJF gets his type of players to run his offense and gets some experience under their belt this offense is going to be special. We made a home run hire, dont lose the faith. Could be alot worse look at Florida, Tennessee, FSU, UNC, etc...alot of coaches do alot less with alot more.

LMAO.....your strength of schedule is in the 300’s.....what does that mean for VT, you better win 10 conference games or be happy with the NIT. Buzz has got to pick it up on the out of conference schedule and take some heat of the ACC results. Running up and and down the floor beating high school teams teaches your team nothing.....can VT run plays? Can VT play defense? Who knows at this point.....beating Iowa will help and beat Kentucky and you could go 9-9 in the ACC and make the dance.
I think they will perform well when the competition picks up. Too many good players on this team not to, but you are correct that the schedule we have played so far is a complete joke and makes it hard to tell. I was really hoping Buzz would improve the OOC schedule by now. We did run Washington off the floor after Providence struggled to beat them. We really need to sweep Iowa and Ole Miss this week. Hard to see pulling out a win over Kentucky in Rupp Arena but with our shooters I guess its possible. Our ACC schedule gets tougher playing UVa, Duke, Louisville, and Miami all twice, plus a road game at ND. UVa looks better this year than last year and Duke definitely is better. I’m hearing Miami is too. I don’t know what to make of Louisville yet but not expecting them to be a cake walk. If we’ve ever needed Buzz at the top of his game this is probably the year.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
That bunch in Charlottesville hasn't played anyone yet, and they have yet to play a true road game, if my memory is correct. They have played every game at home or on a neutral court I believe. If they did go on road, it was to play a cupcake.

I see a lot of London and Groh in Mendenhall. One must remember, UVA football players are not the smartest when it comes to football. If they were, they would have gone somewhere other than UVA.

Reactions: mrjolly01
That bunch in Charlottesville hasn't played anyone yet, and they have yet to play a true road game, if my memory is correct. They have played every game at home or on a neutral court I believe. If they did go on road, it was to play a cupcake.
This one is to dumb to answer but I will, VT strength of schedule is 333, Hoos are 67....stick to a sport you actually understand.

Last edited:
HR if none of them ever picked UVA they wouldn’t have a team. Then we wouldn’t have a wiping boy. Hoos 19 good to see you and HR getting along again. Keep it up. In ER with my dad this morning so I need something to smile about.

HR if none of them ever picked UVA they wouldn’t have a team. Then we wouldn’t have a wiping boy. Hoos 19 good to see you and HR getting along again. Keep it up. In ER with my dad this morning so I need something to smile about.
Yup. For every winner there has to be a loser somewhere. That’s the unintended purpose of some programs. Got to keep stocking those perennial losers with loser players so us winner programs have someone to beat on Saturdays.

Good luck to your dad.

This one is to dumb to answer but I will, VT strength of schedule is 333

Ouch. I’m a little ticked at Buzz for that. Its unacceptable to be playing such an uncompetitive OOC schedule in his 4th season. I’m also ticked at the moment not only for that awful OOC schedule but also that he allowed that horrible, and totally unnecessary loss to Saint Louis, and for letting Jalen Hudson take his 22 ppg to Florida.

There, now I feel better, getting that off my chest. :)

But don’t get me wrong, its still light years better than it was before he got here, and I respect how he’s pulled our program out of the gutter. And that we can move the ball on offense.

I hope everything goes well with your Dad.

Ouch. I’m a little ticked at Buzz for that. Its unacceptable to be playing such an uncompetitive OOC schedule in his 4th season. I’m also ticked at the moment not only for that awful OOC schedule but also that he allowed that horrible, and totally unnecessary loss to Saint Louis, and for letting Jalen Hudson take his 22 ppg to Florida.

There, now I feel better, getting that off my chest. :)

But don’t get me wrong, its still light years better than it was before he got here, and I respect how he’s pulled our program out of the gutter. And that we can move the ball on offense.
I forgot Hudson left VT, he’s playing well. I also believe that VT is way better than before Buzz, just hard to tell how good they really are playing against such poor competition. This week should tell us a little more.

We have a horrible offense. I think this game will won or lost by Bud.

If you have a horrible offense, wouldn't that mean the game is won or lost because of the offense? I guess what I'm gettin at is, if your offense is horrible and ya lose, shouldn't that be on the offense as to winning or losin da game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT