ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Settle to NFL

Hampton Roads 6

Hokie Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2003
According to newspaper this morning. I think he's going too early. I believe some rogue agents are misleading players.

According to newspaper this morning. I think he's going too early. I believe some rogue agents are misleading players.
They sure mislead some that left early last year. I understand financial situations can dictate players leaving early but unless you are a 1st or 2nd round pick it’s a risky move.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Settle is about two or three years from being an NFL professional, but IF he stays healthy, I believe he'll have a long rotational career. I don't believe he'll be All Pro, but I can see a 10 to 12 year solid stint... not bad at all. Not too upset when players declare, but it should ALWAYS be after 3 years of playing.Only juniors or r-juniors should ever declare. For the NBA it should be a rule. Smaller rosters. More adults (%wise). I'm always concerned about the players actually being a professional. High school, college freshmen, and sophomores are rarely prepared. No stats that I know of, but I would guess less than 1 out of 100 of the early declarers in the NBA maximize their professional life. I would think the NFL is worse.

As for VT, it's great Walker is back and I like Mihota (hopefully 20 lbs larger in August). The backups are where I worry. Defense will probably give up 7 points more per game as it is now. Cam Goode is the key recruit. He's the difference between the class being ok or great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT