ADVERTISEMENT

Tired of VT being used as a blow up doll /backup insurance policy by recruits....

vtdiehard

Signee
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2013
VT offers early------in hopes of gaining an advantage....recruits jump on it.....not because they are really gung ho for vt......but because its a place to land.......while they are out there seeing what other schools are going to offer that they feel has a bigger program name or conference........meanwhile , VT may have better player at a position (where VT already has filled that position's offers ....that really wants to come on board but can't ) only to see
a Bama, Clemson, OSU rush in at last minute steal our recruit because a rival stole one of theirs.

VT needs for figure out a way to intensify/ fortify / bond an intense obligation to honoring their commitmenst---
I don't know what happens when a player commits........if there are any formal letters that are signed. at the time........ if not, we should formulate a commitment welcoming package formally acknowledging / celebrating/congratulating them/ thanking them for coming on board... documenting the date. the recruiters involved, etc...... a mini -hokie bird statue......i.e. treat them like family, smother them with kindness, documenting their commitment......i.e. make them feel sooooo wanted & obligated to point (within NCAA written limits) that they would feel or come off looking like an crook. if they backed out........
...... We already have one who was "so thankful to VT -thrilled they were offered ---couldn't wait to play for VT in its home game with OSU".........only to be offered by OSU a day or so later......and withdrew his "I'm solid -soooo honored by VT offer" but dumped Vt in a mili-second ---- even if he doesn't play in the OSU game in BBurg....We need to run some sideline plays in his direction on the sideline where he was standing. I doubt he will be in Bburg when OSU comes. I am a firm believer in honoring commitments ---- if you don't ----you aren't worth one breath of the oxygen you breathe.

Reactions: DEXTERITY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.