ADVERTISEMENT

Today: UVA spring "practice" attendance 5-7k. VT 45k

VTHokie1001K

All-American
May 22, 2006
I'm sure UVA had like a 5 baseball games today and another 4 lacrosse games which kept the fans away though. Already excuses referencing CML on the UVA boards....

Way to come out and support the new coaching regime Hoos!

Our Hokie Nation does support our team better for sure but that new coach in Gay Pari worries me. Me thinks he was a good get for de Francais.

I'm sure UVA had like a 5 baseball games today and another 4 lacrosse games which kept the fans away though. Already excuses referencing CML on the UVA boards....

It was not the baseball or lacrosse games. It was the tennis team practice that most UVA fans were watching today. :cool:

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
All the fans were at the Virginia Challenge Track meet at UVA this weekend watching our Jumpers and throwers break records.

If VT had any other sport worth a $;:/ you boys would understand.....23 National Championships.....suck on that for a while.

If VT had any other sport worth a $;:/ you boys would understand.....23 National Championships.....suck on that for a while.
lol Birdie How about we give you the TV money your non revenue sports bring to the ESPN contract and we'll keep the football money from it. . Speaking of championships we won more outright ACC Football championships in 1 season than you have in 50 + I know that's hard to swallow but I know you're Hoo enough to do it ;)

Reactions: datHOKIEvt
And to add, Congrats you had more attendance for 2 of you 6 home games then we did for the spring game. *1 probably shouldn't count over 35,000 Hokie fans for the VT game in Scott

lol Birdie How about we give you the TV money your non revenue sports bring to the ESPN contract and we'll keep the football money from it. . Speaking of championships we won more outright ACC Football championships in 1 season than you have in 50 + I know that's hard to swallow but I know you're Hoo enough to do it ;)
Burg....Burg.....we all know how proud you are of Blacksburg High Schools State Titles and not just football. Talk out of both sides of your mouth often......23-0 just sayin!!!

Burg....Burg.....we all know how proud you are of Blacksburg High Schools State Titles and not just football. Talk out of both sides of your mouth often......23-0 just sayin!!!
My other side says, does Grenta play anything but football ;)

When I look at he attendance figures, it is even more puzzling why some recruits reject VT (and other real football schools) to sign with the boo hoos. When a player does that, NCAA should do a full investigation on the recruiting process. When a good player signs with UVA, his elevator doesn't go to top floor. But I guess those recruits do not like going to bowl games.

The UVA athletic department brought in more revenue than VT in '14-'15. Just sayin'.

I'd rather the new UVA coaching staff earn respect than be given praise blindly. Combined with almost a decade of futility out on the field, you can't blame a fan base for not coming to watch a practice.

It burns me up that VT has made money for UVA over the years with our 23 straight bowls. How much has UVA returned the favor ? I do not like NCAA policy of sharing bowl money with schools that do not go to bowl games.

Reactions: salemfan32
It burns me up that VT has made money for UVA over the years with our 23 straight bowls. How much has UVA returned the favor ? I do not like NCAA policy of sharing bowl money with schools that do not go to bowl games.
Ok....send back the money from basketball we made for you.

Reactions: Salemite
Football is the cash cow. Without Hoo football, Im guessing those other Hoo sports likely couldnt support themselves no matter their success. At any rate, with a new coach it was a pathetic turnout and the Hoo fanbase should be ashamed.

Football is the cash cow. Without Hoo football, Im guessing those other Hoo sports likely couldnt support themselves no matter their success. At any rate, with a new coach it was a pathetic turnout and the Hoo fanbase should be ashamed.
I wouldn't be to upset that fans didnt go watch a practice. If Bronco starts winning in a few years fans will show up again, just the way it is. Would be no different at VT.......I remember when high schools had crowds as big as VT. Don't worry about UVA's money we got more than enough....

I bet the Bingo halls and bowling alley closed for the day in Blacksburg. Might as well go watch practice.

and I bet Club 216 was full of Hoo fans, maybe My lil pony will have transgender bathrooms installed at Scott to help with attendance.
What is Club 216? How many trailer parks do they allow in a half mile radius in Blacksburg? It seems excessive.

I'd rather the new UVA coaching staff earn respect than be given praise blindly. Combined with almost a decade of futility out on the field, you can't blame a fan base for not coming to watch a practice.
Just so I'm understanding this correct, you're ridiculing Hokie fans for supporting a new coach who has yet to win a game? Yeah, shame on us fans! And just so we're clear this "practice" is the beginning of the future of a respect program... Yours & ours. I realize the future to you hoos fans is no different than rebooting your computer. Wait while it slowly loads, get bored then pissed off at how inefficient it is & finally realize nothing new has changed bc it's still the same ole shitty computer that required rebooting in the first place. Enjoy your lollipop sucking National Title. I'll bring a few for you to the tailgate this year while I'm drinking from a cup that is called the Commonwealth Cup. Look it up, it's a cool trophy that you've never seen!

I don't think he was saying that....I think he was mostly saying UVA fans have zero faith in their athletic department to hire a football coaching staff that is capable of putting a winning product on the field.

Just so I'm understanding this correct, you're ridiculing Hokie fans for supporting a new coach who has yet to win a game? Yeah, shame on us fans! And just so we're clear this "practice" is the beginning of the future of a respect program... Yours & ours. I realize the future to you hoos fans is no different than rebooting your computer. Wait while it slowly loads, get bored then pissed off at how inefficient it is & finally realize nothing new has changed bc it's still the same ole shitty computer that required rebooting in the first place. Enjoy your lollipop sucking National Title. I'll bring a few for you to the tailgate this year while I'm drinking from a cup that is called the Commonwealth Cup. Look it up, it's a cool trophy that you've never seen!
Thanks for playing but you totally misunderstood his post.....do they have fake classes at VT?

For my fellow Hokies, please listen to the link in my signature about the Hoos. It's an recording from over a decade ago but still holds true today.

I don't think he was saying that....I think he was mostly saying UVA fans have zero faith in their athletic department to hire a football coaching staff that is capable of putting a winning product on the field.
We have coach with an 11 year record of winning. This is the best staff since the Welsh years. The fans will be back.

If you guys had the train wreck of a football program London gave us, I doubt you would have many fans at your spring game either. I do know this about our new coach and his staff, he will make the changes necessary to right the ship in Charlottesville, but it's not gonna happen overnight. There was too much damage done by London. That being said, I'm glad you guys can turn out what you do, but what I find amazing is you want to talk about how bad we are. I guess that's OK for now, VT has kicked our butts in football for 12 straight. But that will change soon enough. We are actually excited about our opportunities to improve, heck, we have no where to go but up. But I can truly understand your excitement with Tech football, it seems to be where most of the $$ goes down there, and so why shouldn't the fan base follow the $$. BTW, your welcome for your share of the $30+ million UVA, Duke, Miami, ND, Pitt,and UNCheat brought to the league to share. I don't know how that figure compares to the BCS and lower tier bowl payments, but I'm sure it holds it's own.

Tahoo, if we all didn't know hundreds of Cavs fans who talk down about Virginia Tech and/or act in pretentious ways I don't think you would see the amount of negativity you do. That's obviously not the reality. Being a hokie means hearing pompous comments from Wahoos. It comes with the territory. Being a UVa fan/alumn means you get to hear it from us. Just reality...

I hear ya latency...it's about the only part of the rivalry we have left. But I am really excited about both football situations (VT and UVA). Both have hired high quality coaches with proven track records. I am hopeful that someday in the not to distant future all the talk in the ACC will be about the UVA-VT rivalry. I'm so tired of the Carolina-Duke crap. So on that note...Go Hokies.

Reactions: 1bburgfan
Hoos just got the ECU QB to transfer....2 years of eligibility left, should be a nice get for UVA.

I smell a rat with that transfer. His odds of a bowl game were better at ECU. All these dummys go to Charlottesville and never go to a bowl game. That's hard to do with 42 bowl games out there. But they do not deserve to ever go to a bowl game.

That's right. So the same logic should apply to basketball and baseball. 68 teams go to the NCAA's in basketball, and 64 play in the NCAA baseball tournament. Since VT is seldom invited to play in those why would any kid want to play basketball or baseball at VT?? Give me a break...the kids that choose the schools they play for in college do so for many different reasons. The college bowl system, by many observers, has become so watered down in talent played games, that it has almost become a joke. Kind of like the NIT or the CBC in basketball.

Reactions: B1dee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT