ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers

Hoos19NC

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jun 28, 2012
whats the word on all the footnball transfers.seems like an unusual number at one time.

I agree it seems unusual, but this seems to be a trend in NCAA. Some players leave to get more playing time while others leave for personal or academic issues. At VT it worries me that the players leaving are starters or second string. I am beginning to wonder if there are issues with the program. We need bigger, stronger and faster players to compete for the Coastal crown and we are headed in the wrong direction. We are way behind Clempson (as is everyone else in the ACC) and I do not see us winning an ACC Championship anytime soon. VT issue is that players are leaving, but we are not getting quality players transferring in. Maybe last year's losing season is the just the start of a downward spiral. I hope not, but I am not seeing a lot of upside to this program.

I agree it seems unusual, but this seems to be a trend in NCAA. Some players leave to get more playing time while others leave for personal or academic issues. At VT it worries me that the players leaving are starters or second string. I am beginning to wonder if there are issues with the program. We need bigger, stronger and faster players to compete for the Coastal crown and we are headed in the wrong direction. We are way behind Clempson (as is everyone else in the ACC) and I do not see us winning an ACC Championship anytime soon. VT issue is that players are leaving, but we are not getting quality players transferring in. Maybe last year's losing season is the just the start of a downward spiral. I hope not, but I am not seeing a lot of upside to this program.

Its troubling that so many players would transfer including those who were starters or played a significant role. Its also troubling that Teyvon Hill, probably Tech's leading defender at the time, was released after Tech's debacle against ODU because of a supposed altercation with an assistant coach. Just seems that something is amiss that would cause so many players to leave even though they were getting significant playing time. Building loyalty is a big part of what makes a successful program.

IMO most leaving are those who got passed on the depth chart by younger players who have more potential, or, they saw the same limited role in the future.

Kumah is the only one I am concerned about because he was the 2nd leading receiver.

These departures open up spots for more talent to come to town.

Best of luck to all of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: kcwashing1
NCAA needs to crack down on transfers , they have made it too easy to transfer . The most negative thing about this, is it will result in free agency in college,which leads to illegal recruiting from other schools. Some schools are trying to build their team around transfers , instead of recruiting high school players.

NCAA needs to crack down on transfers , they have made it too easy to transfer . The most negative thing about this, is it will result in free agency in college,which leads to illegal recruiting from other schools. Some schools are trying to build their team around transfers , instead of recruiting high school players.

IMO most leaving are those who got passed on the depth chart by younger players who have more potential, or, they saw the same limited role in the future.

Kumah is the only one I am concerned about because he was the 2nd leading receiver.

These departures open up spots for more talent to come to town.

Best of luck to all of them.

No, I think there's more to this. Kumah, Jackson, McClease are all guys who made real contributions on the offense who decided to transfer the same week. They're not NFL caliber but they could be counted on when needed. Jackson was the starting q'back and could have re-gained his job in Spring training.
Whit needs to get involved and find out whats really going on. Something is amiss.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Nope, IMO Willis was the man to beat in the Spring by far with a better arm and much faster. Jackson was 3rd on the depth chart. Hooker was 4th.

Kumah lost his WR coach and was replaced by "big play Tre" as The Man in our WR corps.

Any aspiring college team HAS to recruit at a high level and that means changes in the depth chart, or at least fewer snaps or plays called for the former stars.

Good luck to all of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT