ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA and USC leaving the PAC 12 for the BIG 10!!

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
It was bad enough that OU and TX are leaving the BIG 12 for the SEC. Now the above is happening. Next folks are saying Clemson ought to leave the ACC.

So, will the ACC reach out and try to add another football school? Will ND leave the ACC? Will ACC teams go to the Big 10 or SEC? A lot of questions and few answers. 16 team conferences is the maximum number of teams in my opinion. When you get 2 super conferences (16+ teams) what is the purpose? Why not just eliminate conferences for football. I know it is about $$. But, for the fans this is frustrating and, in my case, means I am losing interest in college football altogether.

It will end up with 2 Super Conferences in the Big 10 and SEC with 20 to 22 teams in each conference. There is some speculation that Duke, UVA, Northwestern, and Stanford will go the IVY League along with possibly Rice and Tulane. Va Tech better do whatever it can to get to the SEC as fast as possible. There was talk years ago about the SEC flirting with VT, Clemson, FSU. VT better jump on this if the offer comes, or at least try to get an invite and quickly

It will end up with 2 Super Conferences in the Big 10 and SEC with 20 to 22 teams in each conference. There is some speculation that Duke, UVA, Northwestern, and Stanford will go the IVY League along with possibly Rice and Tulane. Va Tech better do whatever it can to get to the SEC as fast as possible. There was talk years ago about the SEC flirting with VT, Clemson, FSU. VT better jump on this if the offer comes, or at least try to get an invite and quickly
Would love to see you guys and either UNC or NC State in the SEC. It would make sense for the SEC to bring in the states of North Carolina and Virginia (including the DC market) into the league, therefore adding the 9th and 12th largest states in the nation for TV coverage. But, I know little and claim less.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT