ADVERTISEMENT

UVA trying to drop football

1bburgfan

All-American
Aug 9, 2005
15203145_10207904821357976_4952091414119106222_n_zpssnawvexc.jpg.html
UVA equipment staff caught trying to dump the football equipment over a guard rail in rural Montgomery Co on the return trip to Hooville

Last edited:
Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
How does a tractor trailer end up on a curvy, tiny road like that to begin with?

Bronco must've been giving directions.

Reactions: HeaksManley
It's funny, every UVA fan around town wants to talk basketball in biggest month of football season. I actually have them calling me 2 or 3 times a week asking me to go to Charlottesville or come to their house to watch UVA basketball. I respectfully decline and remind them it's football season.

Most basketball teams are getting fat on cupcakes at this point in season anyway.

Reactions: Hokiepoke
It's funny, every UVA fan around town wants to talk basketball in biggest month of football season. I actually have them calling me 2 or 3 times a week asking me to go to Charlottesville or come to their house to watch UVA basketball. I respectfully decline and remind them it's football season.

Most basketball teams are getting fat on cupcakes at this point in season anyway.
You need to learn you play football in a basketball conference.

Reminds me of one I heard about NASCAR years ago.
Why do low budget independent cars continue to show up at track ?

To give Richard Petty someone to pass.

Most years same theory could apply to some ACC schools.

You must have slept through the last few seasons of basketball....Tony Bennett says Hi.
I am confident I know more about college basketball that you do, trust me on that, I have followed that sport very closely since 1970's. My father was a huge fan. Ever heard of Henry Iba, or Eddie Sutton? A couple of coaches at a school close to where I grew up? Also, I coached girls league for many years and was very successful at it. I am also sure I know more about the Bennetts than you do. I followed his father's teams closely when he was at Wisconsin before heading to the West. Anyway, my point was that when you think of ACC basketball, the schools most folks think of are UNC, Duke, and to some degree, NC State. Yes, UVa has been doing well since Tony B showed up, but before that, you have to go all the way back to the 80's and the early 90's to see any real success there.

Last edited:
I am confident I know more about college basketball that you do, trust me on that, I have followed that sport very closely since 1970's. My father was a huge fan. Ever heard of Henry Iba, or Eddie Sutton? A couple of coaches at a school close to where I grew up? Also, I coached girls league for many years and was very successful at it. I am also sure I know more about the Bennetts than you do. I followed his father's teams closely when he was at Wisconsin before heading to the West. Anyway, my point was that when you think of ACC basketball, the schools most folks think of are UNC, Duke, and to some degree, NC State. Yes, UVa has been doing well since Tony B showed up, but before that, you have to go all the way back to the 80's and the early 90's to see any real success there.
I'm just as old as you and have been an ACC fan since the Packer-Thacker days in the 70's. Obviously you didn't grow up an ACC fan based on the old names you are throwing out. At no point did I say UVA has the brand recognition of an UNCheat or Duke. My point is you are in a Basketball conference that has a few good football programs....FSU, Clemson,.....and VT to a degree. But look at the Basketball schools....UNCheat, Duke, Syracuse, Louisville, NC St. all former National Champions plus many solid programs including UVA. The ACC in Basketball is like the SEC in Football, the ACC sets the standard in Basketball that other conferences strive to be like. You never heard anyone say the ACC is the best football conference.....that's my point.

I will agree that ACC is the best basketball conference, but it was that before they merged with the Big East.

While Louisville, Syracuse etc. may have winning basketball teams, they brought a lot of "baggage" to ACC, all under the quest for the almighty TV dollar.

I will agree that ACC is the best basketball conference, but it was that before they merged with the Big East.

While Louisville, Syracuse etc. may have winning basketball teams, they brought a lot of "baggage" to ACC, all under the quest for the almighty TV dollar.

Actually prior to the teams leaving the Big East to go to the ACC, the Big East was far and away the best basketball league since the '80's. This isn't even close.

Actually prior to the teams leaving the Big East to go to the ACC, the Big East was far and away the best basketball league since the '80's. This isn't even close.
I beg to differ......stats don't lie. Since 1980 until the present here are the Conferences with the most National Championships:
ACC - 11
Big East - 7
SEC - 5
Big 10 - 4

So it's not hard to see the ACC has been far and away the best Basketball conference since 1980.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
On my way to Blacksburg yesterday, I met the Army Football equipment truck on I-81 returning from Bowl game in Texas. I would say Army truck driver is a little brighter than the UVA truck driver.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT