ADVERTISEMENT

UVA @ VT basketball

I would love to see a game with Allen, Bibbs, and Hudson all playing at their best.

For VT to win they will need to hit a lot of 3's and rebound well on offense to get second chance points. Can VT win? Yes, but they will need to play at their best and UVA will need to have an off night shooting. Last years game comes to mind with UVA shooting so poorly....that is a scenario where VT can win. If UVA is shooting well.....it will be a long night for VT. Since UVA is a better shooting team than last year with more depth, I believe Hoos win by double digits.

We can upset them. Not likely though. At minimum we need for them to have an off night night shooting 3's and obviously play as well as we are capable of.

For VT to win they will need to hit a lot of 3's and rebound well on offense to get second chance points. Can VT win? Yes, but they will need to play at their best and UVA will need to have an off night shooting. Last years game comes to mind with UVA shooting so poorly....that is a scenario where VT can win. If UVA is shooting well.....it will be a long night for VT. Since UVA is a better shooting team than last year with more depth, I believe Hoos win by double digits.
We're not a 3 point shooting team this year. We're actually a very poor team when we aren't taking the ball to the basket. We must take the ball to the basket to win. I agree that we need for you to have a poor shooting game too.

Great win tonight. Still a lot to clean up but the future is promising.

Congrats on your victory over UVA. Beating the peckerheads was nice but honestly no great shakes. BUT beating a good UVA team is a major step up.

Looks like you got yourselves a basketball coach.

Congrats again.

Peckerheads?

Well they are ranked #4 before tonight. Remind me what rank the Heels are?

Congrats guys, great win.....I said to win UVA would have to play bad and VT would have to hit 3's, you guys played hard and got rewarded. I still say the biggest difference I see with Curly is the boys play hard and never quit. Hopefully a win like this will get the students and fans back into the cassell. My hats off to VT on a great win.

Congrats guys, great win.....I said to win UVA would have to play bad and VT would have to hit 3's, you guys played hard and got rewarded. I still say the biggest difference I see with Curly is the boys play hard and never quit. Hopefully a win like this will get the students and fans back into the cassell. My hats off to VT on a great win.
Thanks Hoo19. I thought we might slip in a win against you this year but didn't think we'd be doing it with so many players out. Great coaching job by Buzz. We did hit more 3's than I would have thought - with LeDay getting into the act - but we don't do it without his drives to the hole either.

That was the best VT basketball game I've watched in years. The offense looked fluid and patient, and the defensive effort was extremely impressive. Buzz has these kids going in the right direction now. LeDay is a monster of a player, and when Allen and Bibbs are also playing well this is a very solid-looking team. I'm also impressed with Blackshear. It's too bad about Clarke, Hill and Outlaw. This team

That was the best VT basketball game I've watched in years. The offense looked fluid and patient, and the defensive effort was extremely impressive. Buzz has these kids going in the right direction now. LeDay is a monster of a player, and when Allen and Bibbs are also playing well this is a very solid-looking team. I'm also impressed with Blackshear. It's too bad about Clarke, Hill and Outlaw. This team
I was pleasantly surprised by LeDay's offensive output and rebounding. I figured we'd have to rely on Bibbs, Allen, and Hudson.

I'm fast becoming a Zach LeDay fan. One of the questions about him after we started the season and he was playing surprisingly well against cupcake teams was if he was going to be able to keep up that level as an undersized power forward once we got into ACC play. Well, he answering his critics, and what he's showing is he's a hell of a player.

Thanks Hoos. We have some injured and lost players so as the season grinds on this could be a problem but I'm very happy with the way our team played and the way they were coached.

Our young team is starting to turn the corner a little on understanding how hard and how smart they have to play as a team, and when things go well, as last night, come away with a good win. They are starting to buy into Buzz's process. With the exception of a little let down at the beginning of the second half, their defense against UVA last night was as good a defensive game as any team I've watched all season. It could be they are philosophically starting to take on the identity and the look of a Buzz Williams coached team.

"Tony Bennett should take his team to a barbershop. Team looks like the ISIS All Star team."

:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT