ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas Line Notre Dame -4.5

Neither ND nor those Vegas folks have ever been to the Lane Station......on a Saturday night. They are about to find out.

Most ND fans have assumed from the beginning of the season that the Va Tech game would be one of the most challenging on the ND schedule, because of the venue and the Va Tech fan base. The fluky loss to Old Dominion does not seem to have affected the ND fans' view of the difficulty of this game. It will be a dogfight, and may the better team win.

Most ND fans have assumed from the beginning of the season that the Va Tech game would be one of the most challenging on the ND schedule, because of the venue and the Va Tech fan base. The fluky loss to Old Dominion does not seem to have affected the ND fans' view of the difficulty of this game. It will be a dogfight, and may the better team win.

I'd say our crowd and the noise they make alone is worth 10 points. Trust me, big stadium does not mean loud....it is the way the stadium is designed. Ours is probably the loudest stadiums in the country. If it is a close game, VT wins. The best way for ND to get a win is to take a big lead early on and basically take the crowd out of the game. Anyway, I hope it is a good, close, hard-fought, and injury free game for both teams.

Notre Dame remembers we beat them at their house a couple of years ago. They will take us seriously.

I'd say our crowd and the noise they make alone is worth 10 points. Trust me, big stadium does not mean loud....it is the way the stadium is designed. Ours is probably the loudest stadiums in the country. If it is a close game, VT wins. The best way for ND to get a win is to take a big lead early on and basically take the crowd out of the game. Anyway, I hope it is a good, close, hard-fought, and injury free game for both teams.

I’ve always felt the best way to handle any stadium advantage is to control the LOS.
That’s why the elite teams always win on the road, the dominate in the trenches.
I know VT lost their DE. Have to learn more about their front 7 & OL.
I think ND’s front 7 rotation & OL are very, very good.

As important as this game is for VT, it's also important for the whole ACC. I think you can win. Lane Stadium has been a special place where big things have happened at night over the years...hopefully that is true this week. Would absolutely love to see ND go down to VT and Syracuse as their only two losses.

As important as this game is for VT, it's also important for the whole ACC. I think you can win. Lane Stadium has been a special place where big things have happened at night over the years...hopefully that is true this week. Would absolutely love to see ND go down to VT and Syracuse as their only two losses.

Interesting stat that someone posted about Lane Stadium:

“Virginia Tech is just 19-12 at home in the last 5 years and 9 of those 19 wins have come against FCS or G5 opponents, meaning that P5 opponents are actually above .500 at Lane Stadium.”

“Virginia Tech is just 19-12 at home in the last 5 years and 9 of those 19 wins have come against FCS or G5 opponents, meaning that P5 opponents are actually above .500 at Lane Stadium.”
These were not night games. Our AD's have all but eliminated night games in the past few years for whatever reason. So, overwhelming number of our games in the last oh, 6 years or so have been day time games. The night game atmosphere is totally different.

0-6 in their last 6 home games against ranked opponents.

I knew VT has struggled in big games but I thought they were better at home than 19-12....wow

Hey Hoo how you doing? Think about you often. Good to see you on here giving it to us. Just wondering, how is the Cav's record in big time games in the past 5 years?

I don't recall Cav's playing a big time game in past 5 years. Last one I recall was when they beat FSU back in 80s or early 90s.

Hey Hoo how you doing? Think about you often. Good to see you on here giving it to us. Just wondering, how is the Cav's record in big time games in the past 5 years?
Hanging in there...some days better than others but no complaining here....I appreciate you asking and for your support...

I don't recall Cav's playing a big time game in past 5 years. Last one I recall was when they beat FSU back in 80s or early 90s.
LOL and what is the last big time game VT won? My point was I thought VT was better at home, your record surprised me....beating ND at home this week will help....or just add to the theory you can’t win a big one even at home....

Okay, so I was wrong. You guys stink. The ACC really needs VT and Miami and FSU to step up.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Miami isn't very good if they lose to Boo Hoos. I talked with someone who watched game. He said it was just 2 crappy teams playing. Miami is laughing stock of college football this week. Now granted if VT had lost to UNC, we'd be.

Miami isn't very good if they lose to Boo Hoos. I talked with someone who watched game. He said it was just 2 crappy teams playing. Miami is laughing stock of college football this week. Now granted if VT had lost to UNC, we'd be.
Guess you will find out if they good in November....Miami not laughing stock this week....people can’t believe you barely escaped a horrible UNCheat team and they are still laughing about ODU having one win and it’s over you....now that’s funny....

The VT @ ODU is a good example of why you have to "come to play" every week. That game was lost before the team ever left Blacksburg. Same thing may have happened with Miami @ UVA.

The VT @ ODU is a good example of why you have to "come to play" every week. That game was lost before the team ever left Blacksburg. Same thing may have happened with Miami @ UVA.
Miami...ODU.....now that made me laugh....all I can continue to say for VT is thank goodness BUD didn’t leave...I’m not buying into Fuentes as the next great coach.

Fuentes needs to find a running game to keep defenses honest. With our non running game, I don't know if it's player related , or problem with play-calling.

Fuentes needs to find a running game to keep defenses honest. With our non running game, I don't know if it's player related , or problem with play-calling.
I think it is a combination of both. I do believe that not only Fuentes is not a great coach, he is also well below average as a recruiter. If he cannot bring in top talent at his age of 39 or 40, image what he will be like when he is 67.

"Great coach" may be a stretch, but I think he's a great fit for the program. I think he could and should be here for as long as he wants. I believe he's doing a great job right now across the board... even with recruiting. He seems to adapt or at least try to adapt very well. This team of freshmen and sophomores is his litmus test. 2 years from now... really next year this time is when I believe a different or lower coaching grade for Fuente may be possible from me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT