ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Tech vs Ohio State tickets???

Feb 5, 2015
Hello,

I'm new here but am a huge fan of college football and decided I finally wanna start visiting some of the stadiums for this upcoming season. I gotta start planning now and I decided Lane stadium is one I wanna venture to this year, with that said I see Ohio State is playing you guys this year and its gotta be the biggest game of the year.

Was just wondering if somebody could help me out and give me some insight on how to get tickets for such a big game without having to pay an arm and a leg? Everywhere I looked its all second hand sites like stubhub selling the tickets and jacking up the prices........there going for over $300 even for the nose bleeds. Is this normal? Whatever happened to gate prices for the genreral public or have they just not gone on sale yet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

My advice to you would not be try another game tickets for the ohio state game are going to go for premium prices.

Yeah I understand.......it's just if I'm gonna travel that far I wanna get the full effect and see what the atmosphere at Lane is all about.......I don't wanna go to some other game where the stadiums like only half full.

Originally posted by Gatorsfan822:
Yeah I understand.......it's just if I'm gonna travel that far I wanna get the full effect and see what the atmosphere at Lane is all about.......I don't wanna go to some other game where the stadiums like only half full.
Then you don't know anything about Lane , its never half full

Ohio State will be very pricey but you couldn't pick a better game for the full effect of Lane Stadium. Don't come without your tickets already in hand if you decide to brave that crowd. If you can't swing it you'll still enjoy the atmosphere for our conference games which this year are Pitt, N.C. State, Duke, and UNC. They will be sellouts or close to it as well, but you can most likely pick up tickets to one of those at a reasonable price on Stubhub or arrange a purchase on the TSL (Techsideline) ticket exchange board.

Haha will do man but I'll be cheering for Tech all the way cause I can't stand Ohio State'......so for the record is there a ticket on sale date at all for the public in the near future or is the only way to get tickets is through second hand sites like stubhub?

I wouldn't count on walk up sales at any conference games and certainly not OSU. Many years there were none as we sold out for many seasons straight. Don't know what's going to happen next year but I think it will be a highly anticipated season and if there are any sales through the ticket office there won't be many, and will be the worst seats. Usually you can pick up some tickets outside the gate with scalpers and a few individuals trying to unload some on game day, but your best bet is get them before you come if you want to assure you get some decent seats.
This post was edited on 2/9 1:11 AM by mrjolly01

If I were you I would keep check on Craig's list and ebay some when they come available ..

Hello,

I'm new here but am a huge fan of college football and decided I finally wanna start visiting some of the stadiums for this upcoming season. I gotta start planning now and I decided Lane stadium is one I wanna venture to this year, with that said I see Ohio State is playing you guys this year and its gotta be the biggest game of the year.

Was just wondering if somebody could help me out and give me some insight on how to get tickets for such a big game without having to pay an arm and a leg? Everywhere I looked its all second hand sites like stubhub selling the tickets and jacking up the prices........there going for over $300 even for the nose bleeds. Is this normal? Whatever happened to gate prices for the genreral public or have they just not gone on sale yet?

How many of you going? If it is just you, just show up, walk around in front of the stadium and find one 30 minutes before the game for $100 easily. The more of you going, the more difficult it will be.

Originally posted by VTSmitty:
Hello,

How many of you going? If it is just you, just show up, walk around in front of the stadium and find one 30 minutes before the game for $100 easily. The more of you going, the more difficult it will be.
Yea, and it's particularly difficult to find adjacent seats for two, and more than two adjacent is rare. But I've never had a problem getting a single ticket around the stadium before kickoff, and if you wait until right after kickoff they drop about half price, sometimes you can get one for $10 after kickoff. I doubt that will happen for the OSU game though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT