ADVERTISEMENT

VT BB loses to Penn State 63-62

This is the first time I have seen them play this year. They looked very bad. Poor ball movement. Poor shot selection. Poor ball control. No energy. This did not look like a Buzz Williams team. Reminds me of the football team.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
This is the first time I have seen them play this year. They looked very bad. Poor ball movement. Poor shot selection. Poor ball control. No energy. This did not look like a Buzz Williams team. Reminds me of the football team.
Came on your board to see your reaction to last nights game and had a different opinion than yours as to the play of your team. I was really impressed with the Hokies especially on D. Also your offensive ability from all areas of your team was impressive especially from three point land as early on you couldn't miss. I'm still wondering how we managed to pull it off. You have a fantastic team. Don't sell em short because your in the tourney at the end of the year.

"Bad offense" may mean "good defense" by PSU -- PSU's is #8 in the nation for defensive efficiency, and most of that was prior to Watkins coming back (last night was his return).

All-in-all, PSU is a tourney team when Watkins is playing -- don't sell your team short. VaTech is certainly a tourney team as well. This will not be the horrible loss that I'm reading most VaTech fans think that it is, come the end of the season. However, this game will certainly be a resume booster for PSU during selection time.

"Bad offense" may mean "good defense" by PSU -- PSU's is #8 in the nation for defensive efficiency, and most of that was prior to Watkins coming back (last night was his return).

All-in-all, PSU is a tourney team when Watkins is playing -- don't sell your team short. VaTech is certainly a tourney team as well. This will not be the horrible loss that I'm reading most VaTech fans think that it is, come the end of the season. However, this game will certainly be a resume booster for PSU during selection time.
I agree with you on good defense. PSU played the kind of defense I like to see my team play and create havoc. I am not sure that both are tournament teams, certainly not at this time. They probably will get there by March thou.

Penn State played great D which made our O look bad. I will say your boys got away with some rough play against our point guard. Home cooking I guess.

Penn State played great D which made our O look bad. I will say your boys got away with some rough play against our point guard. Home cooking I guess.
That flagrant on Wheeler was anything but homecooking. I guess I can't be mad at the refs about that though, but mad at how the rule is written.

Both sides thought the officiating was horrendous

That flagrant on Wheeler was anything but homecooking. I guess I can't be mad at the refs about that though, but mad at how the rule is written.

Both sides thought the officiating was horrendous
Yes,it was bad, but I don't think it was one-sided. With TV relays being used now, homecooking can't happen, certainly not for very long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT