ADVERTISEMENT

VT going to Military Bowl

CAHokie

Starter
Nov 12, 2005
Against Cincinnati..... Not looking excited about the opponent, but like the fact it is the Military Bowl.

Good bowl for the univ. They will be able to sale more tickets to the Nova alumni base. Not a bad trip for the families in the Rchmond or 757 areas to drive to.

Beats the crap out of Detroit.....I hate my buisness trips to Detroit, always feel unsafe. I think Annnapolis is an awesome place, fans should enjoy the historic downtown on the waterfront, very cool place.

Every time I think that HR6 is on our planet ...

he comes out with some comment like this. Earth to HR6.

Re: Every time I think that HR6 is on our planet ...

Originally posted by Beaverdam Tiger:
he comes out with some comment like this. Earth to HR6.
Actually, that was one of the few times he ever posted a 100% fact.

Maybe we'll try something new and actually show up ready to play for this bowl.

Originally posted by fathersonhokie:
I think CIncy is going to give us all we can handle.
We are not a good team at all.
Frank says they are a dangerous crowd.
smile.r191677.gif

Question is, which VT shows up, the one that beat the Nation's #4 team, or the one that lost to Wake Forest ?

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

Question is, which VT shows up, the one that beat the Nation's #4 team, or the one that lost to Wake Forest ?
Considering we only played like the team that beat OSU once all year, and played like the one that lost to Wake several times, I would guess the one that lost to Wake, but I hope I am wrong.

I hope to make it to the game since Annapolis is only an hour's drive from where I live. I think VT will be competitive, but I think Cincy will win. Final score VT 20 - Cincy 30.

Hope to see a lot of VT fans at the game.

I think I will make the voyage to Annapolis for this one. I always enjoy visiting that area. Been a few years since I have been up there. Maybe, just maybe, the VT offense will make the trip also.

I think I will make the voyage to Annapolis for this one. I always enjoy visiting that area. Been a few years since I have been up there. Maybe, just maybe, the VT offense will make the trip also.
Cincy is 102nd in total defense, so, yes, we can hope to see a little offense from us.

We may go up there with a conservative offense and try to win on Field Goals and punts. I have seen it happen before. My last bowl game, Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando, I seem to recall we set an NCAA record for most punts.

(if we punt against Bearcats, I may get up and leave)

We may go up there with a conservative offense and try to win on Field Goals and punts. I have seen it happen before. My last bowl game, Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando, I seem to recall we set an NCAA record for most punts.

(if we punt against Bearcats, I may get up and leave)
Ugly game in Orlando, but it was raining hard, Rutgers had the 10th ranked defense, we were one year removed from playing in the Sugar Bowl, and some of our coaches knew they were gone. Not a good combination.

I was so mad at that game, I left before it ended and drove from Orlando to Gretna, stopping only for gas and coffee.

A 6 & 6 team going to a toilet bowl game. Why do they even bother to have 36 out of the 40 bowl games that are played every year. I guess the tv networks need to fill in all the slots on the sports channels nobody watches. Good luck V/T. Maybe a 1,000 fans will show up.

Originally posted by bowlingref:
A 6 & 6 team going to a toilet bowl game. Why do they even bother to have 36 out of the 40 bowl games that are played every year. I guess the tv networks need to fill in all the slots on the sports channels nobody watches. Good luck V/T. Maybe a 1,000 fans will show up.
We are not talking about a UVa football game here. I guarantee we'll have a minimum of 15,000 fans.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Not sure what our ticket allotment was, but we have less than 1000 left according to my sources. We will sell out our allotment.

Anyone know what Hoos do on Selection Sunday ?

Play Basketball....we are in a Basketball conference HR....what do you think this is the SEC.

It'll be a game folks will watch because they like to see our run-and-gun offense.

NOT...

Anyways, I know our D will show up.

Originally posted by pckank1:
Cincy is 102nd in total defense, so, yes, we can hope to see a little offense from us.
GT is ranked #89 in total D and we put up 24 points in that game, so that's probably a good bench mark in this case.

Of course, UNC is ranked #118, and the offense only accounted for 17 in that game (the other 14 pts were on a 16 yard "drive" after a kickoff return fumble and a pick 6). Hopefully, that one's not the bench mark that we'll actually see.

I am glad the hoos have basketball to fall back on. I asked a hoo fan yesterday what bowl game UVA was playing in. He replied it's basketball season.

LMAO.....HR you always seem to forget UVA continues to be the best sports program in this great state. I see we are in the top 20 in the Directors Cup as usual and wil be moving way up since our girls just finished 2nd in Soccer and our boys are in the final 4. Basketball and swimming will be another boost while Basbeall will finish off another great all around sports year. Get back to me when you win something meaningful ......by the way congrats to VT for cracking the top 50, but not sure your BB team is going to help much.

At most colleges, football drives the train. Very few remember what one does in soccer, and no one but parents remember what they do in swimming. (I not sure VT has a swim team).
I give UVA credit in baseball, only classy sport at Mr. Jefferson's University.

Yea right HR....I bet if VT ever won a NC in anything you would the first one bragging about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT