ADVERTISEMENT

VT Hokies to announce the new HC soon...

This wouldn't surprise me, Whit has shown himself so far to move quickly and decisively.

This wouldn't surprise me, Whit has shown himself so far to move quickly and decisively.
Soon is a relative word. First to announce does not necessarily mean soon. Likely not to happen until after the UVA game.

If he tells before the season ends it will be a hire from the present staff. A inside hire most likely would not upset the team,might just help

If he tells before the season ends it will be a hire from the present staff. A inside hire most likely would not upset the team,might just help
I agree any announcement before the season is over would likely be a person on the current staff....but who? Could it be anyone on the staff except Bud? I still believe the announcement wil come after the UVA game and it will be Rich Rod.

Word around Baton Rouge this week is Les Miles is coaching for his job at LSU. In the stories I read, his huge buyout after this season isn't enough to keep LSU from firing him if the results over the next two weeks are unsatisfactory.

Is it too early to get the "Les Miles to VT" rumor mill cranked up?

I want a coach on the way up, not on the way down. And didn't Les Miles leave OK State with some problems?

I agree, an announcement during the season would be for Bud Foster to take over. After the season it will be an outsider.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
So who does LSU fans want as their coach? Not sure there are many coaches better than what they have.

Supposedly its herman or Fuente... We shall see...a few hints leading towards Herman - believe it when I see it..although Whit is good for surprises

Supposedly its herman or Fuente... We shall see...a few hints leading towards Herman - believe it when I see it..although Whit is good for surprises
I saw Houston just offered Herman $3.0 mil not to leave.....can VT beat that?

Looks like Les Miles will be available, they getting beat bad early. I don't know about you Hokies but I would like to see him in Charlottesville. He has an $18 mil severance package and his asst. coaches get $3.0 mil. Wow

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT