ADVERTISEMENT

VT Pitt Game thread

We should be running play action on every 1st down. We ran the ball on 1st down for a couple and then ran play action on 2nd and long. It did not fool anyone.

hokies have wasted good field position and t.o.p... Should be 21-7. 21-0 really if Adonis played with better technique that drive.. They better wake up soon or it will get flipped around quick.

VT has ZERO chance of winning this game if the offensive coaching staff don't get their heads out of their asses and quick. It might already be too late.

That half was beyond pathetic. Run up the gut a dozen times into a loaded box? Numerous QB keepers up the middle into a loaded box? Seriously? Stiney could've done better than this crap game plan.

Reactions: VT/UK Rondo
Dang. Narduzzi is a flippin' crybaby. At halftime, he's saying the refs should call it both ways. He's definitely watching a different game.

Normally running up middle is worst play in football. It gains very little yardage.
I cannot believe our defense has allowed 2 tds to Pitt. This game should be at least 28-0 VT.

I don't feel good about the second half...

Pitt's offensive line is too good -- we can't get any pressure on the QB, and James Connor is too strong. Seriously, he's a sledgehammer.

Hopefully I am wrong, but I am doubting it.

...I agree with the sentiment regarding Narduzzi... his DB's got away with a few PIs and flips his wig when they get called (justly) for 1?

We are giving up too many passing yards. Hopefully we will make halftime adjustments and put them away in the 3d quarter.

This team will be in battles like this.. the offense has to prove they can shoot out with other teams too... that being said.. our D is getting punched in the jaw right now... not consistent week to week.

Conners is a man.....VT is way to conservative in the red zone. Should be up big but coaching holding VT back.

I'd like to see the DB's be more physical with press coverage. Disrupt the timing of the routes some... but that doesn't address how to account for the TE in the passing game without limiting your ability to take down the battering ram that is James Connor.

Unfortunately this is a matchup nightmare for Foster's D.

5 trips to the red zone...1 TD.

Offensive coaches get an F in this game so far.

5 trips to the red zone...1 TD.

Offensive coaches get an F in this game so far.
Got to agree...move the ball great between the 20's then get conservative. Doesn't make sense, like they are playing fir the FG.

6 trips to the red zone...1 TD.

Offensive coaches owe us an apology for this crap.

And I don't know what the Pitt coach is crying about. Pitt should've been flagged for PI on every pass VT has thrown tonight.

At the end of the 3rd qtr, we have 29 points on the board and have left 20 more points in the playbook.

We could have 49 points on our way to 67 points for the game, but instead we're in a battle.

Refs flat suck on both sides.. they got away with grabbing ford every pass his first 4 targets... so i don't blame them for starting to push off can't just sit and not try to catch the ball through a hold. What is up with our Run D??@

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT