ADVERTISEMENT

VT Pitt Game thread

Refs flat suck on both sides.. they got away with grabbing ford every pass his first 4 targets... so i don't blame them for starting to push off can't just sit and not try to catch the ball through a hold. What is up with our Run D??@
I think our right defensive end may have been held on that play...seriously.

6 trips into the red zone where we settled for FGs.

WTF is going on with all this shitty play calling?

Pitts coach has put fear on the Ref to where he will not call any pI on them anymore.

Should have blew this team out early when the opportunity presented itself. Now they have confidence and we have a QB playing on a bad wheel who may or may not be able to lead this team to a win. I cant blame the defense, teams are going to score TDs eventually. Cant let teams hang around on the road.

VT now has 3 receivers with 100+ yds on the night...Hodges 145, Ford 143 and Phillips 109.

Evans now has 406 yds passing and VT has 523 yards total offense.

That would be good coaching....I guess.
lol no thats acting like an idiot on the sideline.
I don't know why you guys are questioning our play calling.. if this would have been a year ago we would have had 50,000 3 and outs by now. A run is capable of squeaking through when least expected.. no harm in trying it every now and then.

I know. We could easily have 63 points on the board tonight with better red zone play calling.

It's a wild new world at VT.
I agree on the play calling in the red zone.....very questionable. Could easily be a blow out.

I know. We could easily have 63 points on the board tonight with better red zone play calling.

It's a wild new world at VT.

ok.. i give ya that.. we have wasted redzone chances.. Is it not illegal for the pitt player to have his knee pads cut out?

90 yard drive in a minute...and all Pitt ran was basic, simple square-ins that were WIDE open all the way down the field.

Something is badly broken with a defense where that's the case.

Good lord...QB draw up the middle for no gain on 1st down when all you need is two first downs to win.

WTF?

WHEW! We can exhale now.

That was ugly as sin, but a win is a win in a place where we've never had any success before, so congrats to the team for gutting it out.

You can't leave 24 points on the board, though, and win very often. We were lucky Pitt didn't bust one more big play.

That is a big win. I hope Pitt goes winless rest of season. Very dirty team
I wish we not have to play them. They remind me of GT.
What's update on Evans ankle.

I don't feel good about the second half...

Pitt's offensive line is too good -- we can't get any pressure on the QB, and James Connor is too strong. Seriously, he's a sledgehammer.

Hopefully I am wrong, but I am doubting it.

...I agree with the sentiment regarding Narduzzi... his DB's got away with a few PIs and flips his wig when they get called (justly) for 1?

I sure am happy to be wrong. There were some worrying trends in that game, namely the inability of our defense to pressure the QB OR shut down the run -- but there were encouraging signs as well... for example, the coaching staff giving up the ghost and sailing the ball downfield. It was certainly the right adjustment to make since Pitt wasn't changing things up on D, and an adjustment we may not have seen in previous seasons.

Evans is a natural leader, and it rubs off on the rest of the team. Coach Fuente made the right choice as QB, and I say that not just because of the numbers that he has put up, but also because of the way has led this team on the field.

Narduzzi, I like his intensity... but man, he is living in an alternative reality if he thinks the calls were going AGAINST his team. If anything, they should have been flagged twice as much as they got away with a lot more than VT did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT