ADVERTISEMENT

VT ranks 104th in the nation in yards per play and more statistics

lucustookis

All-American
Jul 7, 2007
Special Teams
We are tied for 13th in America in blocked punts and blocked kicks.
Punt return D is tied for 43rd.
Kick return D is tied for 39th.
We are 26th in Kickoff returns.
Scoring Offense-57 (scoring O is total points scored by the O, the D, and special teams)

Defense
Defensive Touchdowns scored- 12th
Total Defense is 39th
We are 15th in fumbles recovered.
Rush D is 96th
Opponents Yards Per play-80th
Pass D is 11th
Sacks-43rd
Tackles for loss-30th
First Downs Allowed-33rd
Scoring Offense-57 (Scoring O is total points scored by the O, the D, and special teams)

Offense
Total O-88th
Yards Per Play-104th
Passing Offense-86th
Passing Efficiency-55th
Rushing Offense-68th
Sacks Allowed-89th
Tackles for Loss Allowed-71st
First Downs Gained-65th
Scoring Offense-57 (scoring O is total points scored by the O, the D, and special teams)

What is the ranking of the offense and defense of the teams we played ? Doesn't that have to be part of the equation? Free Kank

LOL 1BBurg - you are absolutely correct. Let's see if Lucas can post a side-by side comparison of the teams we played.
Not sure but I am guessing you will note some patterns. I still agree with Lucas that statistically even considering the competition - our offense is subpar compared to the defense. Really doesn't take a lot of statistics to prove what the MK80 eyeballs see each game.

No matter how one shakes it out, our offense has not been very good.

I like to judge offense by how many points it puts on the scoreboard.

No matter how one shakes it out, our offense has not been very good.

I like to judge offense by how many points it puts on the scoreboard.

Think of what our record would have been if we could have just scored 1 more touchdown a game, during recent seasons.

What is the ranking of the offense and defense of the teams we played ? Doesn't that have to be part of the equation? Free Kank

Total Defense Rankings of the Teams we have played
Purdue- 100
ECU-98
NC State- 3rd
Ohio State- 19th
Pittsburgh- 7th
Furman- left out

Average Total D ranking of the 5 Team is 45th

Total Offensive Rankings of the Teams we have played

Purdue-89
ECU- 38
NC State- 69
Ohio State- 26
Pittsburgh- 111
Furman- left out

Average Total O of the 5 Teams is 66th

Important point here. It's easy to immediately think, "hey the D's we have played have been far better than the O's we have played, so no wonder our defensive statistics are better than our O's." Before that conclusion, keep in mind 2 critical points. Some of the defenses we have played rank as high as they do BECAUSE of our offense, or at least....our offense is a big part of helping that statistic. The same applies to our D. Some of the offenses we have played rank as bad as they do BECAUSE of our defense. Our defense has played a huge part in giving those offenses a bad ranking. Don't believe it? Then let me give you critical point number 2. NC State's defense is 3rd. We had the 3rd most amount of yards against NC State. Old Dominion had more yards. Against Pittsburgh, our offensive total yards was the lowest of any opponent they had. Same with ECU. We had the second fewest amount of total yards against ECU than all of it's opponents. On the defensive side of the ball, we held NC State and Pittsburgh to their fewest amount of yards than any opponent they have played this year. As for Purdue, we held Purdue to the second fewest amount of yards they have gained all year. Therefore, above is literal proof, facts.....to support my claim that....the O's and D's we have played this year are ranked where they are in part because of our offense and our defense.

Reactions: vtpmt81
skank is too busy trying to figure out how to salvage his retirement when his lifelong meal ticket gets shown the door next season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT