ADVERTISEMENT

VT vs Notre Dame

Hampton Roads 6

Hokie Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2003
I see in Richmond paper that VT will play Notre Dame on September 1, 2036. Scheduling a game 19 years in advance is totally stupid.
In my opinion VT nor any ACC school should never play Notre Dame, (in any sport). The Golden Dommers think they are above normal NCAA policies and the NCAA allows them to do as they please.. The NCAA has 3 sets for rules:

1 for Notre Dame
1 for Big 10
1 for other 323 schools.

If ND is going to have anything to do with a conference, they should join Big 10. having ND in ACC is beyond stupid.

I will never go to a Notre Dame game. Even in Blacksburg. Those crybabies get too many handouts from NCAA that other schools not get.

I will never go to a Notre Dame game. Even in Blacksburg. Those crybabies get too many handouts from NCAA that other schools not get.

That's what makes a VT victory so much sweeter!!

BTW, Notre Dame is a full member of the ACC for everything other than football.

I've decided to start pulling for Notre Dame just because you don't like them.....go Irish!!!!

I see in Richmond paper that VT will play Notre Dame on September 1, 2036. Scheduling a game 19 years in advance is totally stupid.
In my opinion VT nor any ACC school should never play Notre Dame, (in any sport). The Golden Dommers think they are above normal NCAA policies and the NCAA allows them to do as they please.. The NCAA has 3 sets for rules:

1 for Notre Dame
1 for Big 10
1 for other 323 schools.

If ND is going to have anything to do with a conference, they should join Big 10. having ND in ACC is beyond stupid.
4 sets of rules. Don't forget UNCheat. They have a different set of rules for cheating than the rest of us! Obviously!

1 for Notre Dame
1 for Big 10
1 for other 323 schools.

ND joining the ACC was a win/win for both.

ND gets conference status for other sports, gets to keep independence in football, and with the 5 game ACC schedule, gets bowl tie ins, and has set themselves up for an easy transition if they ever wanted or needed to join the ACC full time for football.

The ACC and ESPN renegotiated their contract through 2026-2027 after ND became a part-time ACC member, and the ACC has seen huge financial gains with ND's addition.

During the 2012-13 season, the ACC received $146.6 million for its broadcast rights. Two years later, after Notre Dame joined the conference and agreed to play five football games per season against ACC teams, that figure increased to $217.9 million, which was more than half of the ACC's overall revenue of $403 million. Each ACC school has received more than $1 million a year in revenue following the addition of ND.

Thus the ACC sold out to ND. When you bring in a school like ND, they will beat you in some sports. Not good for conference. Now granted sometime ND loses, but it's not worth the trade off in "won-loss" column. Seeing ND playing in ACC conference tournaments is a disgrace.

They were like most people in Charlottesville, very stuck up. I talked to one to determine what sport they played. They all had UVA attire on, thus I asked what team they were. Not a very friendly bunch.

They were like most people in Charlottesville, very stuck up. I talked to one to determine what sport they played. They all had UVA attire on, thus I asked what team they were. Not a very friendly bunch.
We don't like to be seen talking to Hokies.....especially ones that like Bama as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT