ADVERTISEMENT

We landed a stud today guys. Cheer up.

VTHokie1001K

All-American
May 22, 2006
VT landed one of the best DE's in the country today and a top 6 recruit from the state of VA. This guy Garbutt looks like the real deal.

In addition to a scholarship offer from Tech, he also has offers from Virginia, Oklahoma, Michigan State, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Penn State, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, N.C. State, East Carolina, Marshall, Kentucky, Iowa State, Kansas, Maryland, Syracuse, Wake Forest and Appalachian State, according to Rivals.com.

Here is his Junior HL tape.

Reactions: salemfan32
PS. You may have noted...that not only is he rated as one of the best DE's in the country, the guy is actually a pretty solid WR!

It is great news. And from the above article it sounds like he's solid to VT and is going to shut down the recruiting process for himself, AND, try to influence other regional talent to give VT strong consideration.

Last edited:
Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
Ummm...I thought Foster couldn't recruit? Like many, many, MANY other pieces of Frank's quagmire...maybe Foster wasn't the recruiting problem?

Hate to say this but the story behind the story is the excitement of the new coach and what it may be for Virginia Tech. Fuente breathes new life into the program and that in itself will help the recruiting process. Now if that translates into wins on the field then watch out. Jury is still out on that but we should know in 2-3 years. It takes longer to turn-around a major 5 conference team than a mid-major conference team.

Reactions: VT/UK Rondo
We all need to realize that our coach increased the talent level at Memphis no doubt and had competitive athletes at all positions, but his crowning achievement was getting that first round draft choice at QB to commit. Reminds me of Beamer and Michael Vick.

No doubt QB will continue to be the most important position and may make or brake any potential top ten team. Look at LSU. Loaded with talent afters years of top 5 classes, but no QB that can throw the ball that well and disappointing seasons.

My money is on Evans to carry us well these next few years but then Lawson to take over and be the man and we will do well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT