ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to UVA Bronco!!

I think I even saw his punter try to run for a 1st down from a 4th & 20.

Just got home, see the score. So if BYU is letting a lame duck coach run their team during practice and the bowl game then no surprise there's a lack of concentration.

Just got home, see the score. So if BYU is letting a lame duck coach run their team during practice and the bowl game then no surprise there's a lack of concentration.
I agree....never liked to see a coach leaving coach a bowl game.

Completely agree. Just couldn't resist taking a dig.

Utah quit but Utah won because they out scored BYU. Pretty simple to understand, really.
What you need to understand is after that crazy start where BYU gave Utah gift after gift they completely shut them down. Utah only had 197 yards for the entire game.....once Broncos boys woke up they showed how they play tough defense. The beginning was ridiculous. But Utah didn't quit they got shut down.....if you watched the game you would understand this, of course I understand not all of you really understand the game.

When Utah was up 35-0 after first quarter, they quit, figuring game was over. Leading 35-0 after 1 quarter, they should have wanted to be leading 70-0 at halftime. When a team takes foot off the gas pedal, sometimes they lose. Utah is lucky they won that game.

When Utah was up 35-0 after first quarter, they quit, figuring game was over. Leading 35-0 after 1 quarter, they should have wanted to be leading 70-0 at halftime. When a team takes foot off the gas pedal, sometimes they lose. Utah is lucky they won that game.
They never had a foot on the gas pedal, everything was given to them. Obviously you didn't watch the game. This was a big rivalry game and I guarantee Utah wanted to win 70-0, they never quit they just couldn't do anything against the BYU defense.

Last edited:
So are you saying they didn't realize it's a 4 quarter game? Or maybe they just didn't care. C'mon now HR, it was a nationally televised bowl game.
Cougars deserved to lose but to me in the beginning they were just trying too hard and I also suspect they may have had the jitters because of their coaching situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT