ADVERTISEMENT

Well we laid an egg at Miami

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
I already had a bad feeling about this game- made worse by all those football experts picking us to win.

Very bad performance on both sides of the ball. No offense. No defense.
One thing that really bothered me about this game is the slow start we had. It seems like in the first quarter and almost the second quarter of games lately the O plays it so safe and so worried about not turning the ball over we look like Beamerball again. And then we open up the game and come back. The Miami game, we were playing too good a team to do that, and Clemson. I realize we are limited in out O, but we didn't come out aggresive at all. Jackson usually starts out tight and throwing high and hard.

I wouldn't trade our QB for theirs but Miami came early with a bag of tricks and we didn't counter. How many times did we run on third down? And first and get nowhere. So now I'm forced to root for either Notre Dame or Miami next week?
Geez.

We won't be able to do the same thing against anybody the rest to the season.
Come out and throw the ball down the field to Cam. What have we got to lose?

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Very bad performance on both sides of the ball. No offense. No defense.
Miami has always had superior athletes than us. Whenever we have beaten Miami it is due to experience on our starting 22. This year we have too much youth on offense. Beamer left the cupboard empty for JuFu forcing him to play freshmen. I have thought since the end of last season when all those JR's left that this will be a rebuilding year for us. My hope and expectation before the season started was an 8-4 record. I think at this point we can certainly do that if not better.

Miami has always had superior athletes than us. Whenever we have beaten Miami it is due to experience on our starting 22. This year we have too much youth on offense. Beamer left the cupboard empty for JuFu forcing him to play freshmen. I have thought since the end of last season when all those JR's left that this will be a rebuilding year for us. My hope and expectation before the season started was an 8-4 record. I think at this point we can certainly do that if not better.

But we were always aggressive and not intimidated by them. This game, not so much. They will make mistakes on D if you challenge them. They overplay everything and their D backfield always holds and grabs and a lot of times they get called(we do too, see their touchdown "march" with our two or three calls. They were going after Adonis all night, I think we could have made progress running Cam with their weakest link DB and done the same. They threw THREE interceptions, and we were acting like we couldn't solve their Defensive schemes. some of our best runners are hurt and the ones we have left are not going to manhandle the U. We "held" them to 24 points, our O should be getting more than we got.

BTW, Bucky, Jerod, Ford,Cam, Rodgers, Cunningham, etc. wasn't a bad lineup, but our early game planning is taking us out of the big games.

So you guys this it wasn't more that our defense really just straight out dominated this game? 1 of your tds was from excellent position created by rosier playing horrible 4 times in a span on like 6 minutes.

So you guys this it wasn't more that our defense really just straight out dominated this game? 1 of your tds was from excellent position created by rosier playing horrible 4 times in a span on like 6 minutes.
I thought your defense played good but we gave it a lot of help by not executing in key situations.

I thought your defense played good but we gave it a lot of help by not executing in key situations.

Once again, the Hokies had an opportunity to have a statement win and whiffed. The game was hard to watch. Play calling was the worst since Fuentes has been here. Miami will get clobbered by Notre Dame.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Once again, the Hokies had an opportunity to have a statement win and whiffed. The game was hard to watch. Play calling was the worst since Fuentes has been here. Miami will get clobbered by Notre Dame.
On defense we did a lot to make Miami look better than they are. There is no excuse for tackling like that, it was very disappointing to watch. I’m not sophisticated enough to comment on the play calling, but on offense when we see lack of execution like that we need to be reminded how many freshmen we are playing at our skill positions. That’s going to get better and more consistent in future seasons, but our D very uncharacteristically got their asses handed to them. I agree ND will beat Miami.

I hope Miami beats Notre Dame. College football does not need ND in playoffs, because the NCAA will then slobber all over themselves.

Thankfully Miami destroyed the over rated golden dommers. College football does not need ND in playoffs. Put their sorry butts in Big 10, where they should be. The ACC needs to stop kissing up to ND. They are not on Atlantic Coast. They are some where in Indiana. Not to mention, NCAA has 2 rule books, one for ND and one for all other teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT